Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as my 04 V10 rig has crossed the 290Kmiles zone I'm getting read to swap out the rear air spring assemblies for a lower milage set. (fronts to follow as the wallet provides).
The air suspension has been working 100% and their aren't any suspension codes, just very a very soft sloppy ride. Like floating on a boat going down the road -no matter the setting (Sport is tighter but not much).
My other Touareg with the V6 & standard spring ride is tight and controlled in comparison.

Looking into options and looks like the Q7's ('07-'15) had the same assemblies.

Can anyone verify if they are a direct fit into the Touaregs?
Are they adjustable too?

·
Registered
670 Posts
The cayenne, Q7 and Touareg all use the same setup. Supposedly the Cayenne Turbos and the W12/ R50 Touareg had different shock valving, from what I remember seeing somewhere.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is this compatibility still true in a 2011+ Touareg? i.e can I find a 2014ish Q7 with air suspension and use those parts in my '14 Touareg?

·
Registered
474 Posts
You need parts from a 7L chassis (2004-20010 Touareg, Q7, Cayenne 954/955). You cannot use 2011+ (7P) parts, they are different.

If you have a 2011+ (7P chassis), you can use 2011 Euro Touareg, or Cayenne (958 chassis) parts. The Q7 uses the older 7L (2004-2010) parts.

Take a look at my thread about retrofitting the OEM air suspension system into my Canadian T4.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Air struts can last a long time. Your sloppy ride may be due to bad bushes. Inspect all the bushes before you splurge on air struts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts