Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lettering on my Push to start button on my 2014, is starting to come up. It feels like it was a piece of metal, laid on top of the button, and pieces of the metal are starting to flake up. Has anyone else experienced this? Come up with any creative fixes? Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How common? Mine is still under warranty, I wonder if I could get a new one out of a dealer. I thought of putting some like, modge podge on it too, kind of sealing everything down.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
I would take it up under the warranty. The sooner, the better.

Pre-Winterkorn VW would have fixed it no questions asked. The "new" VW, who knows, but de-lamination like that should be covered.

·
Registered
682 Posts
You will see it across many platforms of the KESSY system. From GTI's to Tregs.

It's not a simple replace the face/cover. It is a button. and requires the middle console section to be taken apart and put together @ over $100 an hour, costly out of warranty expense.

Back to the button. What size is it in MM and wonder if you can get some VW symbol or a wicked sticker.

Orange circle stickers
Packman sticker
EJECT lable
REACTOR
SEAL
X-RAY

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Known issue causing cuts with one guy getting a piece embedded in his finger.

Go to the dealer and ask for a new one to be fitted FOC ASAP.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I don't know if the later years changes in size, but I found that a standard size arcade button (a real one, not "arcade style") fits perfectly over the switch on my 2008 model.

I cut both a button and a bezel down to size and glued them on top. If you use a transparent button, it will still glow, too!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Luckily, its covered under warranty, which I wasn't expecting, I thought they were going to say it was some sort of wear and tear, and therefore not covered. Getting fixed next week, it'll be interesting to see how long that will take.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts