Club Touareg Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read about 200 pages of dieselgate with not to much luck.

I know I would not be eligible for compensation, but what happens to all New TDI's + owners?

I would like a TDI but do not want the "fix" and would hate to have it legally forced on me once they reach their final verdict on Feb14.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
All dieselgate questions and replies are on the dieselgate thread.

You should ask your question on that thread.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I read about 200 pages of dieselgate with not to much luck.

I know I would not be eligible for compensation, but what happens to all New TDI's + owners?

I would like a TDI but do not want the "fix" and would hate to have it legally forced on me once they reach their final verdict on Feb14.
I'd guess the US settlement won't directly affect Canada anyway - so whether the fix is forced depends on Canadian regulations.

The fixes to the 4-cylinder engines aren't/can't be enforced in the UK but can be difficult to avoid if you need to take the car to a VW dealer for other work - many owners are complaining about poor driveability and performance after the fix so VW are still being economical with the truth.

·
Registered
454 Posts
All dieselgate questions and replies are on the dieselgate thread.

You should ask your question on that thread.
That thread is a useless collection of whining, moaning, off topic ramblings, and a few hidden pieces of info.

This forum would benefit tremendously by having an on topic information only thread that is actually helpful to those who don't visit 5 times a day to keep up with that train wreck.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I agree especially with the whining and moaning but at least it's all in one place!

·
Registered
730 Posts
That thread is a useless collection of whining, moaning, off topic ramblings, and a few hidden pieces of info.
And that's different from the rest of the Internet how?

:)

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts

This forum would benefit tremendously by having an on topic information only thread that is actually helpful to those who don't visit 5 times a day to keep up with that train wreck.
Possibly correct, but the volunteer admins and moderators have enough to deal with just tracking that one thread. Also we do not want to turn this site into a bitch and moan festival on dieselgate. One thread is more than enough for that and transient visitors who don't really care about touaregs can find plenty of sites to post on.

This remains an enthusiast site and not a consumer information site.

That said this thread is closed for further commentary, please redirect commentary to the single dieselgate thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.