Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been covered before but for some reason I can't do a search to find previous threads, a page saying 'DATA BASE ERROR' keeps showing up.

Anyways, on the highway if I've been driving my '14 TDI for awhile and I'm driving at around 125km/h I will begin to get some pulsating vibrations when braking. Especially on a downhill.

I've checked the rotors and they seem fine, and the pads were newly installed when I bought the Touareg just 6 months ago. Has anyone else have this issue and found out what the culprit may be?

·
Registered
633 Posts
A good brake shop can measure rotor thickness and runout. If those are in spec as well as suspension bushings and alignment are ok, consider looking at the brake lines themselves.

I say that because my 1977 pickup used to stop fine the first few times then develop a shimmy/shake/pulsating pedal. I replaced the entire front suspension and all the brake parts (even master cylinder) and it still happened. Finally found the culprit was the $2 brake hose from the hardline to the caliper. It had deteriorated inside but looked ok from outside.

Hope this helps. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
311 Posts
My 2 cents, if they replaced just the brake pads than you may have an issue with the rotors. Even if they did replace the rotors they may not be flat.

Good shops have a gauge they can set up to measure the run out of the rotor surface, not sure what spec is but that would give you an indication if it may be the rotors and runout usually gets worse when they get warm from braking.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I think I'll have a shop check out the rotors. I have a big trip driving a boat through the Rockies next month so I want to make sure there's not issues. I'll keep you posted on what comes to light

1 - 4 of 4 Posts