Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, long time lurker here....
My 2006 v8 touareg recently decided that it did not need a timing belt anymore, so I now have a 2011 tdi touareg.
Does anyone know what fuse would power the mirror puddle lights? Mine are not working, and there are no digram cards on the fuse box panel.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
The puddle lights are controlled and powered by the door control module. Are there any other issues with the door?

PS: How many miles was on the V8 when you lost the belt?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
If they're not working on neither sides then they most likely have been disabled either from the on-board menu or coded out using VCDS. Look for "ambient mirror illumination", or something along these, and try to enable them!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
195k on the v8, buuuuut.... I had just done a complete timing belt service at 178k.
No other issues with doors. I will have to look in the menu again for lighting. My version of vag will not work with the new car. And I refuse to oay for the upgrade now that they limited vehicles. Really tempted to pull the trigger on that russian version.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I had just done a complete timing belt service at 178k.
I don't know about the V8 but was any idler bearing replaced along with the belt?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, all those parts replaced. And they all still spin freely. The belt broke into about 5 pieces too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was a gates kit. I am suspicious of the hydraulic chain tensioners for the cam timing. One of them had a broken plastic guide.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update, I can get the puddle lights to come on when I run the lighting output test in the drivers door module. It looks like I cannot click on adaptation.

·
Super Moderator
9,493 Posts
Update, I can get the puddle lights to come on when I run the lighting output test in the drivers door module. It looks like I cannot click on adaptation.
What is your VCDS setup? Is it an Ebay cable with the limited Ross Tech Software for those? If so see if you can locate someone close to you with the full Ross Tech setup.

·
Super Moderator
9,493 Posts
Full licensed cable
Is it a HEX + CAN cable? If so it should work just fine with your newer Touareg. Do you have the latest software updates?

·
Super Moderator
9,493 Posts
Hex v2 enthusiast, just bought it.
According to Ross Tech your cable should work fine with your '11. Give them a call and find out what is going on with that.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looked again tonight.... have a fault code 02123 - door warning light/entry light
012 electrical fault in circuit

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Annnnnd.... I noticed this time running output test that the pass side does not illuminate. I know where to start looking at wires now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts