Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 with 130k+ miles. Proximity push button started worked fine and through the winter. Been parking car outside lately and in the AM the proximity push button start does nothing. Placing key in ignition and turning starts as expected. Subsequent proximity starts are fine. Battery if fob is very new and we just tried a 2nd battery and had same behavior this AM.

What is going on here? What is going to sleep that is not getting cognized but then is fine the rest of the day?

Vw Electrical issue #143 (check!)

·
Registered
2006 V8 Touareg AIR, nav, hid
4,436 Posts
Do you have a brand new and brand name (and also not made in china) coin battery in that fob?

My fob refuses to work properly unless that above condition is met.

A lot of the cheap coin cell batteries from china only put out a percentage of the current that the better batteries can deliver. Apparently the remotes of the T1 and T2 were power hungry devices that like pulling amperage from the battery.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have a brand new and brand name (and also not made in china) coin battery in that fob?

My fob refuses to work properly unless that above condition is met.

A lot of the cheap coin cell batteries from china only put out a percentage of the current that the better batteries can deliver. Apparently the remotes of the T1 and T2 were power hungry devices that like pulling amperage from the battery.
Thanks for the info. I have Duracells in it. Again this only happens in the AM and not really temp dependent...so something is sleeping. I realized I always unlock my daughters rear door first...and never the drivers when the car is parked outside (it always works in garage as I leave key in center console). So I think when its out of range it likes the driver door opened first. I'm going to try to replicate this all week.

·
Registered
2006 V8 Touareg AIR, nav, hid
4,436 Posts
The second thing is to get is a VCDS scan of it when it is working, and a re-scan of it when it was not working.

Usually when then keyless system goes, it goes totally dead, but you "might" be in an in-between stage and the keyless will be going totally dead sometime in the future. I wonder if rebuilding the keyless module will be where we finally end up.

Anyway, Nothing more we can really do here until we get some scans.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts