Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,

I think I've read all the post I could find trying to sort my issue and some of them were very helpful so thanks! now I came to a point I really need your help.
I'll start with the bottom line:
After installing new compressor tried to raise it to off road height then I heard a big BANG. checked all 4 corners and none of them drooped and car stayed level. Then I found front left protective sleeve torn. When in Auto mode car stays level (with/without jack mode and I also took the compressor fuse out to prevent it from burning again) however when it is lifted I can hear all the air coming out and I can't raise it to off road height.
My question is: since it leaks only above certain height (lift/off road) where is the problem? is it for sure a tear in the air spring or could it be something else like the O ring between the gas shock absorber and the air spring?
Thank you for taking the time and help...

Some background to help others:
1. Got the well known Red "Stop Chassis Error" fault
2. Followed by the usual error codes - 01400, 02250 and 01772
3. Found the 40A burnt fuse.
4. Compressor start working again, tried to raise it to off road but after a while burned the fuse again
4a. The Relay is good
5. Change the fuse again but compressor is dead.
6. Few hammer stroke on it :) and ... back to point 4
7. Parked the car in Auto level and Jack mode overnight - no change in Height.
8. Replaced the compressor and found that the old one was totally burnt in the inside
9. ....?????

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Really really need any help I can get...
Can the Air Spring leak from the O ring or the rubber pillow is close like a balloon with the valve as the only outlet?
Thank you

·
Registered
133 Posts
Can you post a picture of the "torn protective sleeve" you reference in the first post? I'm curious to see exactly how it looks, as I had previously understood that any tear in the air spring would render it failed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you post a picture of the "torn protective sleeve" you reference in the first post? I'm curious to see exactly how it looks, as I had previously understood that any tear in the air spring would render it failed.
It is more then just a tear... It blew up :frown2:
I din't see any tear in the Air Spring, I'm going to order after market one and once I'll have it install I can examin the old one.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts