Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone,

I am new to the Forum, new to the Touareg's plus this is my first VW. First of all your forum has already been super helpfull dealing with some speaker wiring issues and seat reset adjustments, and adding ADblue. Now I am ready for some DIY and just noticed a problem.

I bought my touareg used with the running boards shown on the images. Love how they look. The are labeled as a VW part but I just noticed that I can't use the emergency jack if I get a flat. It won't fit with the running boards. If you look at the images you will see that the way the jack works requires it to sit high and close to the vehicle to lift and the running board won't let it. On top of that it seems that the front area of the running board is bolted to what I think is the front jacking point. Any suggestions on a jack that will work for on the road emergencies. In the mean time, I threw in a tire repair injection kit and pump which I have used in the past very succesfully while offroading but usually its nice even when using that to be able to jack the car up to find the hole.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=8A471FD851A6C444!9273&authkey=!APd_ya-4tlPS6X4&ithint=folder%2cjpg

Also, when I bought the car it was missing the user manual so I don't have a good image of where to jack but am just going of what I've read in the forum. My questions are:

1- What can I use as an emergency jack? Removing the board for changing a tire on an emergency is stupid and difficult. It has hex screws and I briefly tried to see how easy they would come off and they are hard in there. Might have even started to strip from the force.

2- I have a 3.5 ton trolley floor jack that I can use while in the house for DIY. Where should jack go to then place jack stands?

3- Where can I get a copy of a manual? Maybe a PDF or at least a service one which should have that kind of stuff too.

That's at again this is a great forum. Keep it up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, forum page stayed in a loop when posting (froze) and I wasn't sure if the posting went through. Not sure how to delete the double post. Other one has the images attached. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,171 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.