Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just ran across this company making a 2" and 5" lift kit for Air Suspention Touaregs. Anybody have any experience with these guys?

Thanks
DJ

·
Super Moderator
9,493 Posts
First I have heard of them. Looks like they do a lot of Nissan lift kits and such. You could be the first and report back. :)

Reactions: Zsyncro

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been looking at their 5 inch lift for my T1 but I'm going with a different company. I've heard mixed reviews about them. They make a good product but if they left hardware out of the kit it is hard to get a hold of them to get it replaced.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could be an Idea to check them out, I have a friend who lives near their shop so I may drive up to check them out. I will report back when I do.
DJ

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm looking around, what other company is making a lift for air suspension?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Forge overland motorsports and eurowise both have a kits for the touaregs

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
PRG (Greg) is the first company that i've heard about fabricating lift kit for cayenne and touareg in the U.S, then Forge motorsport and Eurowise stepped in.
PRG was a pioneer of trying to build the top hat spacers to make it work with air ride suspension which it was a design that Alex G from Australia tried, but they both didn't find it a very effective/successful setup.

PRG came out with the lower strut extensions and top hat spacers along with subframe drops. Then he shared some pictures of brackets and Fox 2.0 coilovers that he was building for Touareg/Cayenne Platform a while ago. It seems that he's short on stuff, and he builds things in house with his own machinery which it has made him fall behind on developing the products he imagined for this platforms.
AlexG builts spring spacers.
Forge Motorsport went with the setup that some people knows as the Russian kit or Rising tuning lift kit, however the quality in Forge motorsport kit seems to be better.
Eurowise has duplicate the concept of PRG and speed up the production of the lift kit.

Having all these many companies delivering such a similar product can benefit the community to achieve an affordable and reliable accessories for off roading.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a lift kit for up to 2010 Touareg with spring Suspention . Expensive and TUV approved, but they are well respected in European VW circles and Porsche racing circles. Wish they made something for air Suspention .

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I talked with Greg at PRG and think I will go with his 2" lift, seems to be the best choice for me. I also have friends in the area so I should be able to drop it off when he has all the parts and I have the time. I will let you guys know how it goes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I talked with Greg at PRG and think I will go with his 2" lift, seems to be the best choice for me. I also have friends in the area so I should be able to drop it off when he has all the parts and I have the time. I will let you guys know how it goes.
Any progress on the 2" lift? Sounds like a straightforward install. We want pictures of the results!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Dr Chris, haven't done it yet as Greg was waiting for a few parts for the lift kit. But I did get some new tires. Falken AT 265 70 R17 they fit just barely without the lift ( slight rubbing on extreme turning) . The rubbing is barely perceptible .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looking good! I want 17's and follow suite soon. Just picked mine up last weekend, but I've been lurking here for 6 months.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is a few shots of off-road in Big Bear on July 12th. We actually got under the log with no problem and then came back the same way. This was before the new tires... fun day

·
Registered
11 Posts
I spent about an hour and half on the phone with Greg from PRG. Seems like a great guy. Really knows his stuff about suspension and the Touareg/Cayenne chassis. As others suggested, he sounds really busy and behind on a few projects. But I think that's because he's one of those very helpful people who always says "yes" and ends up with too much on their plate.

Anyway, we chatted for a while and he's going to put me together a set of coil-overs with threaded bodies. I told him I wanted a 2" lift without giving up the extra bump travel (which is what happens with spacers). Plus the ability to raise/lower it without having to take everything apart. As Greg explained to me, a 2" diameter shock will have nearly double the piston area as our stock units which should provide better damping over a wider range of motion. And we are going to keep the spring rates where they are, maybe even a little lower to allow more flex. We talked about the current options on the market and he was fairly baffled why they have $5k price tags - what he has in mind will be much cheaper. So I'm pretty excited about it. But, given his backlog, I'm not really sure when they're going to be ready.

off-road in Big Bear
Which trails are these? Big Bear / Arrowhead has some great trails. Here's a bit on the Forest Service Road 1N64 (Seven Pines Road):

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We were just over the Mountian behind Faunskin. I don't remember the number of the trail. Beeb back there many times so just trying to get a feel for the "New to Me" Touareg doing some off road stuff. I will look up 1N64, looks like fun!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I looked on my map and found 1N64, have you taken 1N54 up to the top?

We were on 3N12 AND 3N12E is my best guess. I know we came out on 2N09.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Any progress on the 2" lift? Sounds like a straightforward install. We want pictures of the results!
Hey Dr Chris,which year Touareg did you get? I hear than some years will not accept a 17" wheel. Mine did but you should maybe double check. Also when I got the new tires we forgot to put tire sensors in them so now I have a tire code showing. My tire guy said for aftermarket tire sensors it was $80 per wheel including labor. I think the VW sensors will be more than that. Something to check.

·
Super Moderator
9,493 Posts
Only Touareg that won't accept a 17" wheel is the V10. It had front brakes and calipers bigger than the rest.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts