Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an 04 v8 Touareg I'm looking to improve upon the handling I have already lowered the treg with h&r sport lowering springs and bilstein sport shocks. Cayenne sway bars front and rear are next. My father and I recently replaced the suspension bushings on all the control arms and we noticed a relatively big difference. I was wondering if anybody knows of any polyurethane bushing kits for the treg. I've looked for a little bit online but no luck

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have an 04 v8 Touareg I'm looking to improve upon the handling I have already lowered the treg with h&r sport lowering springs and bilstein sport shocks. Cayenne sway bars front and rear are next. My father and I recently replaced the suspension bushings on all the control arms and we noticed a relatively big difference. I was wondering if anybody knows of any polyurethane bushing kits for the treg. I've looked for a little bit online but no luck
my father and I changed the bushing on his car*

·
Registered
Had to retire my 2008 Touareg now driving a 2017 Touareg R-Line Plus
15 Posts
Suspension Bushes

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I’d post a note about the recent work on my Touareg. The last two UK MOT tests had an advisory for the lower suspension bushes being worn. To avoid a failure this year I decided to have them replaced before the test. I asked my mechanic if there were polyurethane replacements. There is, so had them fitted. The difference in steering feel and accuracy is astonishing. If anyone is thinking of changing to them, do it ?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
It would be helpful if you provided a link to the parts supplied.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It would be helpful if you provided a link to the parts supplied.
If I knew where they came from I would. The only information I can provide is the line item on the invoice

Front Lower Wishbone Front Bush part no PFF85-1601 £21.95+VAT each
Front Lower Wishbone Rear Bush part no PFF85-1702 £27.45+VAT each

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I don't recommend poly. You have to constantly keep them clean and greased. Not good for any sort of off-road situation or even regular situation. Noise is transmitted into cabin more and ride tends to become more uncomfortable. Replacing OEM rubber with new will obtain a new feel (STIFFER) and last much longer than poly! This is just for those considering. Trust me, I have been through the poly game (powerflex soft) and they are not great on a daily driver. Race car? ok!

·
Registered
Black 2004 V10
290 Posts
I don't recommend poly. You have to constantly keep them clean and greased. Not good for any sort of off-road situation or even regular situation. Noise is transmitted into cabin more and ride tends to become more uncomfortable. Replacing OEM rubber with new will obtain a new feel (STIFFER) and last much longer than poly! This is just for those considering. Trust me, I have been through the poly game (powerflex soft) and they are not great on a daily driver. Race car? ok!
Thanks for the warning, i have used polly bushes on a number of cars and you are correct some times they seam to stiff but on other cars they are perfect, have you tried them on a Touareg?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
No. I don't plan to either. Mine are still good as new. When it is time to replace it will be OEM rubber. I think the touareg is stiff enough, handles excellent on and off road, anything more and I feel it would become uncomfortable. Bushings are made to flex. This is not a race car. Off-road, it needs to flex more, heck even on-road you need some flex not just for comfort but for handling. I would not want to put up with dry poly bushings squeaking or having to lube them up all the time. Wasted time IMO. I also think it has to do with design.

This is a good video on the differences in design.

I have dealt with them on many other cars through the years and can say that the touareg would be any different. It will be good at first but then they tend to fail quickly in my experience. Some even deform when they loose grease or get dirty. Then you have to do the job again! NO thanks!

Let us know how it goes later on down the road. Like I said at first, it's great, like new. Plus there is this sense, 'Oh I paid for these, they are special poly bushings. They are Great". 2-3,4,5 years down the road," these things are noisy, I hate them" or "dang it, I have to replace them". or you might be one that can deal with them and in that case they are for you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.