Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 TDI Sport with 7800 mi. A few days ago when I would use the "one touch" or "express up" to raise the driver's window the window would start going up normally, would close, and then immediately re-open about 1/3 way. I'd have to hold the up button to get it to close all the way. Yesterday it started not even closing at all with "one touch". I now have to hold the button and time the release perfectly to prevent it from immediately reopening. Express down still works. No other doors affected.

No VCDS codes. Does the same thing when using the key fob to close the windows which I suppose is evidence against a fault with the physical switch in the door. I checked for some sort of debris in the door which might trigger a safety reversal.

Of course it's still in warranty so I will have to bring it in unless one of you astute diagnosticians can point me to a possible remedy. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Mine did this when i first bought the T-rex, all i did was reset the window up down limits. Never had a problem again.

Hold the button down until it's down all the way and hold for 5 seconds, then hold the button up until it's up all the way and hold another 5 seconds, this resets the up and down limits(pinch control) in the computer and resets the express up down feature as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tmann45: How did you remedy it? Did you have to remove the tint? I hope not, as I really like the look/function of the llumar tint.

SamTrooper: I hope you're right. This is the kind of answer I was hoping someone would come up with. I'll try it out when I can get to the parking lot at lunchtime today.

Thanks both of you!

·
Registered
431 Posts
tmann45: How did you remedy it? Did you have to remove the tint? I hope not, as I really like the look/function of the llumar tint.
Brought it back to the tinter and they fixed it. You could see and hear the film scrapping in the door. They had to replace the film on one of the windows, got it sorted out on the other one.

Glad SamTrooper's reset suggestion worked for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi,i just bought vw toureg,mechanic had to remove the main door cover to repair,after he put it back nothing is working no power window ,i cant open tank to refuel,it like there is no conection,need help

·
Registered
2014 Touareg V6 TDI Executive and 2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6spd
5 Posts
SamTrooper, your remedy worked with a very minor modification. I had to close window, then release button, then hold for 5 seconds to reset. Thanks!!!
Going to have to try this out. I've done it the other way multiple times for my driver window. Goes down one touch but not up and it's the one I use the most. My older cars never had auto up but it's annoying not to have since my Jetta has it. First world problems

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
German car problems 🤦

Hold the down button until the window is all the way down then continue holding 5 seconds. Then do the same thing up. This should fix one touch up down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts