Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of installing an MP3 player into the CD compartment. Is there any easily accessible power source within the CD changer compartment with ground, permanent +12V and switched +12V? Or is my only option to connect to the back of one of the 12V power outlets?

· Premium Member
4,837 Posts
Curious to know what you are installing back there and how you are connecting it to the radio? I know Blitzsafe has an adapter to connect to the standard radio head unit. Do they have a rear connector also? If so, doesn't that take power from the CD changer cable? Curious to also know how you will control the unit if it is in the rear?

As for power back there, you could use one of the lighter outlets for fulltime power. Not sure about the switched power. If both are on different fuses, then you could make one switched.

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use the Blitzsafe Aux Adapter to plug into the 12 pin connector in the cargo area. In addition I need to run power to my MP3 player - a Dension DMP3. I might wire it up to one of the lighter outlets if nothing else is available. As far as control, I have a satellite display on the center console. It fits quite nicely into the small open tray where the ashtray would be. An RJ-11 cable connects the display with the MP3 player in the trunk. I designed a custom bracket for the player, and hopefully get it back from my machine shop this week. I'll post specs and pics once everything is set up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.