Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lift gate on my 14 treg stopped working. Won't open with remote, or the driver door button, or the actual button on the door itself. It sounds like it is not unlocking. I am just out of warranty. Any ideas what could be causing this?

·
Super Moderator
3,819 Posts
The power lift motor has a fuse, I know it's basic, but have you checked it? Not sure which side it is on your model.

Stuart..

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have had the same thing happen to my 2004. The button on the door will unlock the WINDOW on the lift gate, but not the lift gate itself. We have to unlock the rear window to access the emergency release in order to open the entire lift gate. I'm thinking if it was a fuse on ours that the rear lift gate window would not open.

Anyway, I'm thinking about starting my own thread to discuss. I'm having a very difficult time finding an exploded view of the lift gate. I need information on the lift gate, the mechanism that is part of the body that secures the lift gate in the back of the vehicle and the button on the driver side door that unlocks the lift gate.

If anyone knows the names of these parts that would be very helpful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.