Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a DIY thread in the DIY forum on Saturday, and it still hasn't shown up, waiting for "moderator approval". :serious:

Can this requirement be removed? Seems convoluted to need moderator approval for a thread, especially in the DIY forum, and it's not needed elsewhere.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Maybe it's to stop people posting threads that aren't actually DIYs?

Hopefully someone will pick this up and "release" your thread.

·
Super Moderator
1,709 Posts
sorted ;)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Visible now, thanks. Is there anyway to enable editing a post after the fact? I would like to add to my DIY, and make changes as necessary. However it Appears I cannot edit my original post.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
No, you get 30 minutes and then it's fixed.

It's to stop people playing silly buggers if an argument develops in a thread!

For big posts, do it in Word and then copy it across when you are ready.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For big posts, do it in Word and then copy it across when you are ready.
I know I can do that, but if I need to update the thread it would be much easier to update the original post rather than creating a new one. That way all the relevant info stays in the first post.

·
Administrator
530 Posts
Hey there,

If there's a thread that you need editing, let us know and we'll help you with that.
Unfortunately, there is a 30-minute limit. Anything after that, you'll have to notify us via PM or here.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Ed

·
Super Moderator
1,709 Posts
Just add the addendum into a new post in that thread.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
May I know, please, why my post #21 was removed there? I just cautioned FSI owners not to play with valve N279 settings. What's wrong with that? Have I violated any inpatient ward rules? :frown2:

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
I posted a DIY thread in the DIY forum on Saturday, and it still hasn't shown up, waiting for "moderator approval". :serious:

Can this requirement be removed? Seems convoluted to need moderator approval for a thread, especially in the DIY forum, and it's not needed elsewhere.
90% of DIY threads posted have nothing to do with DIY.

We also verify accuracy of the post so we don't end up with DIYs that cause more harm than good.

Those are the two reasons DIY posts are moderated. Objective is a high quality DIY section on the forum.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
90% of DIY threads posted have nothing to do with DIY.

We also verify accuracy of the post so we don't end up with DIYs that cause more harm than good.

Those are the two reasons DIY posts are moderated. Objective is a high quality DIY section on the forum.
Understandable. But I firmly believe the 30 minute edit rule should be removed. As is the nature of any DIY thread, it will need to be changed/edited several times, updated information, fixed links, etc. I've been on over 100 forums, and have only come across such a peculiar restriction one other time.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
And now we can't add any posts to that DIY thread. Says a moderator has to approve and none have in almost a week.

·
Super Moderator
1,709 Posts
And now we can't add any posts to that DIY thread. Says a moderator has to approve and none have in almost a week.
Your post from 3 hours ago is showing.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I don't see any new posts in that DIY thread after post #29 one week ago. I've posted twice and neither are showing for me.

·
Super Moderator
9,416 Posts
I don't see any new posts in that DIY thread after post #29 one week ago. I've posted twice and neither are showing for me.
I'm wondering if something is weird on your end. I see 3 post since #29 and nothing more.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I too only see up to post #29 (posted by me).

·
Super Moderator
1,709 Posts
I'm wondering if something is weird on your end. I see 3 post since #29 and nothing more.
Those 3 posts that you are referring to have not been assigned a post number yet.

Weird.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts