Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did the 40K maintenance myself on my 2013 TDI today. I pulled off both skid plates to drain the oil and while I was under the car, I noticed that the bottom the transmission had quite a bit of oil residue on the bottom. Not sure if anybody has seen this before, but thought I would share it with the forum. Pics below.
I have the Fidelity platinum extended warranty to 110K(purchased from Chris, RIP) and will take it to the dealer, however I don't have much confidence in their abilities to diagnose the problem. Last time I had it in for service they took 10 days to replace the malfunctioning satellite radio module (hence a major reason I elected to do the 40k service myself). If anybody has some input, I would appreciate any feedback. I did search the forum archives, but I couldn't find anything similar. The pics are of the front of the transmission close to where it mounts to the engine and right behind the engine oil drain plug.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I definitely want to get it addressed. We are coming into spring when I use the Treg to pull our travel trailer down to the desert of southern Utah and we are frequently 200-300 miles from the nearest dealer. Having a mechanical malfunction down there is a major inconvenience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.