Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Dear Treg people,

this is my first post but I want to thank everybody for the usefull information I have found in this forum, now to the point.

Near my house I have an inclined round about. Every time I pass through it I hear a grinding noise like the differentials are locked. I assume is the stepper motor so I rush for a change.

I order an new unit made from STeC that fits the exact part number the problem insists.

But the problem is not appearing all the time. For example if I go to a parking lot with sticky asphalt and I do low speed closed turns forward and backwards no noise no grinding ultra smooth.

It only happens when the wheel is 30-50% turned with second gear on left turns.

Is there anyone with similar experience on his Treg? If yes how it was fixed?

Repairs I have done in this first year of ownership:
Tandem pump,
Valve body,
Propshaft,
STec stepper motor

along with all services etc.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Change the transfer case oil (850ml - agents only) as well as the differential oils (Gl-5 spec hypoid gear oil).

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
As above, buy the correct transfer box oil from your VW dealer. It comes in the correct volume 850ml bottle.

You are running with 4 IDENTICAL tyres - same make, same size, same model with the same tread pattern and no more than 2mm or 2/32th difference in the tread depth?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oils

Forgot to mention, I have replaced both transfer case and rear differential fluids.

further more all tires are identical with same wear.

Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts