Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ever attempted to port the heads and throttle body on a 04 v8 touareg? I have been thinking about doing it as a supporting mod because I would eventually like to supercharge my treg and porting your heads can be a good way of picking up some power and flow. I was mainly wondering if doing this would I run into any problems or error codes?

·
Registered
438 Posts
I would check the Audi boards. I would guess they know all there is to getting the most out of the 4.2 engine

·
Registered
336 Posts
My little brother ported the inlet headers on his commodore (Australian V8 made by GMH) took him ages and ages, lots of fiddly grinding and polishing. He thinks it was worth it, although I suspect his pride would not let him say anything other different......

Depending on how much meat you took off, you may then require a ECU remap to get the best from the new inlet pipework.

I think you would get more gains by tuning the exhaust side pipework? Its fairly easy to force more air in, but an optimised exhaust will make a difference as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts