Club Touareg Forum banner

if ARB will make front and rear diff locks for Touareg/Cayenne are you interested?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey nikoloz, did ARB give you any idea about how many potential buyers we need to make this happen?
Hi :) at the moment everything is paused cause of this virus problem, most likely ARB will ask many many orders to make it profitable, but im already in the process of information exchange with few other big names so im trying my best to make it all happened, especially with rear diff as it can get more interest from owners and off course front diff as its my personal goal :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi :) at the moment everything is paused cause of this virus problem, most likely ARB will ask many many orders to make it profitable, but im already in the process of information exchange with few other big names so im trying my best to make it all happened, especially with rear diff as it can get more interest from owners and off course front diff as its my personal goal :)
Great ! If there's anything I can do, would be happy to help out

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Great ! If there's anything I can do, would be happy to help out
thank you mate, i appreciate you help. if i will need anything i will post it here, hope this virus problem will end soon and all services will go back to normal, stay safe mate, regards, Nikoloz

·
Registered
2010 Touareg V6 TDI base model with 255/70R17 AT tires, 2018 Tiguan (allspace) 2.0 TSI 235/65R17 AT
11 Posts
Yes you can use OEM lockable rear differential from other touareg, BUT, you have to be very very carful with gear ratios as there are 5 different gear ratios on touaregs and Cayennes so if you will need help contact me and I’ll try my best to help you ?
Do you know are the innards the same on all of them? My thought is that you could swap out the ring and pinion.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Do you know are the innards the same on all of them? My thought is that you could swap out the ring and pinion.
there are 6 different gear ratios in T1 2003-2010 but in 99% sure ring and pinion can be swapped

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I wonder Nikoloz with global demand for almost everything (except for toilet paper :LOL::LOL:) including car sales and i assume car parts ...... I wonder how long before ARB starts to hurt and then to consider such a request.

I recall in the early 90's when ARB were young their attitudes were really different.

I wonder ?? ......................

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I wonder Nikoloz with global demand for almost everything (except for toilet paper :LOL::LOL:) including car sales and i assume car parts ...... I wonder how long before ARB starts to hurt and then to consider such a request.

I recall in the early 90's when ARB were young their attitudes were really different.

I wonder ?? ......................
😂😂😂 glad you said that cause everyone will hunt for any orders and company income, an if they call me im gonna tell them bad news that they are late, cause there was a company witch is not as arrogant as ARB and they already made few steps towards us :) im so hopeful that they will be make product that we want so much 😂🤞🤞🤞

·
Registered
2010 Touareg V6 TDI base model with 255/70R17 AT tires, 2018 Tiguan (allspace) 2.0 TSI 235/65R17 AT
11 Posts
there are 6 different gear ratios in T1 2003-2010 but in 99% sure ring and pinion can be swapped
All the cases look the same in pictures. Are they? I do not believe that VAG sells any internal parts for the differentials. If they go bad, you replace the entire unit so no one opens them up, and we have no idea of the interchangeability of the parts.

Without more proof that internals can be swapped, I am not going to drop ~$1000 and days of taking my car apart to find out they can't.

·
Registered
2014 Audi Q7 TDI
210 Posts
If I could get either one for my Audi w/out low range I would slap em on in a heartbeat.. with the limited winch mounting capabilities of this platform I suspect an aftermarket locking solution would be highly popular..

I feel there are many current owners with the ambition to venture further away from the pavement are prevented from doing so by the difficulty of obtaining one of the unicorns w/OEM lockers.. If someone were checking out this platform as an decent trail vehicle saw easy locker availability I think they would be much more likely to go down that route than now, where they start looking at alternatives with a better aftermarket.

If you build it, they will come..

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
All the cases look the same in pictures. Are they? I do not believe that VAG sells any internal parts for the differentials. If they go bad, you replace the entire unit so no one opens them up, and we have no idea of the interchangeability of the parts.

Without more proof that internals can be swapped, I am not going to drop ~$1000 and days of taking my car apart to find out they can't.

Lars ... stay isolated. I think Nikoloz has this sorted............... Spend that extra $$ on your family :):)

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

from the outside diffs look 100% same, only drive shaft flange diameter is different, there are 3 different sizes, but the problem is that you have to know exactly what you are looking for, there are 3 letter codes on casting from the outside and those codes give you all the info you need, but you also need documents to read first.
yes VAG tells us that the unit is sealed for life and major parts are not available only seals and axle shafts and few other things, i have so far opened up 2 diffs with 4.1 and 4.55 gear ratios and everything inside was interchangeable, ring and pinion, axles....
you mentioned that you need more proof...... im sorry mate i dont really like grumbling, but i have bought the diff only for this purpose to get this measurements, i have spent my own money and i have spent lot of my time to get at this point with help of many other clever forum members with documents and many other stuff i need to know so i could speak to ARB or Harrop or any other company and literally begging them to make diff lock for Touareg and cayenne,
and now you need more proof... sorry mate i dont have sponsor to buy all versions of diffs only to proof you that they are all the same inside and you can swap anything that you want, i already did my research that satisfies me and gives me confidence that i can go with this, so if you need more proof do your own research mate :)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
VAG sealed for life ...... i love VAG understanding but VAG for life is 3 yrs or 100kms which is their warrenty period.

Beyond that ..................... not their problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
from the outside diffs look 100% same, only drive shaft flange diameter is different, there are 3 different sizes, but the problem is that you have to know exactly what you are looking for, there are 3 letter codes on casting from the outside and those codes give you all the info you need, but you also need documents to read first.
yes VAG tells us that the unit is sealed for life and major parts are not available only seals and axle shafts and few other things, i have so far opened up 2 diffs with 4.1 and 4.55 gear ratios and everything inside was interchangeable, ring and pinion, axles....
you mentioned that you need more proof...... im sorry mate i dont really like grumbling, but i have bought the diff only for this purpose to get this measurements, i have spent my own money and i have spent lot of my time to get at this point with help of many other clever forum members with documents and many other stuff i need to know so i could speak to ARB or Harrop or any other company and literally begging them to make diff lock for Touareg and cayenne,
and now you need more proof... sorry mate i dont have sponsor to buy all versions of diffs only to proof you that they are all the same inside and you can swap anything that you want, i already did my research that satisfies me and gives me confidence that i can go with this, so if you need more proof do your own research mate :)
Sorry, didn't mean to sound so confrontational about proof. Your experience is proof that 4.1 and 4.55 are the same. I have been doing alot of reading and you are the first person to confirm that there is any interchangeability in the differentials.

Thanks for your help.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts