Club Touareg Forum banner

if ARB will make front and rear diff locks for Touareg/Cayenne are you interested?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aftermarket big name ARB is interested making it if you are interested :)
I'm in contact with them and they to need too see numbers, how many potential buyers they have... so if you are interested please say YES in poll below,
price per locking diff as ARB says will be no difference from their product so its between 800-1000$
if you have any questions please ask.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
1,934 Posts
Well done @nikoloz

Hope you get the interest you need ;)

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
1,934 Posts
thank you :) i really hope so, is it possible to make this poll ''sticky'' so it will maximize chances of members involvement :)
your wish is my command. Done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would love a pair of these for my T3. I used to have one in the rear of my Discovery TD5 and it was awesome.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would love a pair of these for my T3. I used to have one in the rear of my Discovery TD5 and it was awesome.
Thank you for your time, I hope we will get it, as I said many times it all depends on US ??

·
Registered
2 Posts
aftermarket big name ARB is interested making it if you are interested :)
I'm in contact with them and they to need too see numbers, how many potential buyers they have... so if you are interested please say YES in poll below,
price per locking diff as ARB says will be no difference from their product so its between 800-1000$
if you have any questions please ask.
Brilliant idea. I was hoping to get a V10 with all 3 diff locks, but ended up with a 2008 R50 in excellent condition, but no front or rear diff locks. I was considering looking into whether diff locks from wrecked models could be fitted to the R50 and connected upto the existing wiring etc.
I was planning on using the R50 as a touring and off road vehicle (not really NUTS stuff) after changing down from the 21 inch to 18 inch rims with suitable off road tyres. However, I have come to really love how this vehicle travels and am not sure I want to go down that road so to speak. However, at least a rear locker would be a plus for certain applications.
It would be really good if the existing switch control setup could be used instead of separate switching mounted under the dash or whatever.
So I am very enthusiastic with the only limitation being possibly the cost, which if as per your rough estimate of $800 to $1000 I would be a purchaser.
Please keep us informed on progress re this possibility.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brilliant idea. I was hoping to get a V10 with all 3 diff locks, but ended up with a 2008 R50 in excellent condition, but no front or rear diff locks. I was considering looking into whether diff locks from wrecked models could be fitted to the R50 and connected upto the existing wiring etc.
I was planning on using the R50 as a touring and off road vehicle (not really NUTS stuff) after changing down from the 21 inch to 18 inch rims with suitable off road tyres. However, I have come to really love how this vehicle travels and am not sure I want to go down that road so to speak. However, at least a rear locker would be a plus for certain applications.
It would be really good if the existing switch control setup could be used instead of separate switching mounted under the dash or whatever.
So I am very enthusiastic with the only limitation being possibly the cost, which if as per your rough estimate of $800 to $1000 I would be a purchaser.
Please keep us informed on progress re this possibility.
Yes you can use OEM lockable rear differential from other touareg, BUT, you have to be very very carful with gear ratios as there are 5 different gear ratios on touaregs and Cayennes so if you will need help contact me and I’ll try my best to help you ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for that info. I have no idea what my ratios are for the R50 or how to find out.
It is just an idea possibly dependent on cost and the future absence of Covid-19.
Your thought about ARB lockers caught my attention as it maybe a simpler solution?
Whatever, I do have an interest later this year looking into at least a rear locker.
Thank you for the offer of help. Greatly appreciated. Stay safe until this bloody crisis is over.
Cheers.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Would be even better if we could lock the center without having to be in low range. I'm guessing this has been discussed before though?

Btw, nikoloz, it sounds like you've had experience retrofitting a rear diff locker or am I wrong?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for that info. I have no idea what my ratios are for the R50 or how to find out.
It is just an idea possibly dependent on cost and the future absence of Covid-19.
Your thought about ARB lockers caught my attention as it maybe a simpler solution?
Whatever, I do have an interest later this year looking into at least a rear locker.
Thank you for the offer of help. Greatly appreciated. Stay safe until this bloody crisis is over.
Cheers.
Your welcome ? oem rear diff is very rare but it can be found time to time, i can help you with gear ratios and all details regarding ratios you need to know, you can contact me on Facebook Nikoloz Gelashvili

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would be even better if we could lock the center without having to be in low range. I'm guessing this has been discussed before though?

Btw, nikoloz, it sounds like you've had experience retrofitting a rear diff locker or am I wrong?
Well if you take touareg 2003-2010 as far as I know even without engagement of the center diff its transferring power 50-50 on the front and rear diff, but because car electronics can interfere ESP is managing power distribution depending on traction, even if you will lock center if you have opened diffs you always will have problem putting the power down if one wheel will loose traction, and no i have never retrofitted rear diff on my touareg, it came with the rear diff from the factory ?. With best gear ratios 4,55 ?????

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Morning, I am relatively new to this forum, I come from the forotouareg of Spain. I am reading the information and I find it very interesting. Personalmenet I have a 2009 Touareg V6 with the rear differential as standard. The front differential option would be very good. Another option that you have discussed and I find it very interesting would be the possibility of using the central lock without having to be in LOW, has anyone managed it? Thanks greetings

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey nikoloz, did ARB give you any idea about how many potential buyers we need to make this happen?

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
(3)2004 V10tdi’s
823 Posts
I'd be interested in a rear locker for a T1. Front would be neat, but probably overkill for most things I'll ever use it for.
if you are interested I have a complete harness, controllers, modules pulled Off a low milea car along with a new in crate v10tdi Locking rear for $1200. The rear alone lists at 3k

1 - 20 of 34 Posts