Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cert. 2004 Touareg V6: I have noticed (after a hot day) that there is significant water under the passenger side floor matts. After reading several notes from other members, it appears as a plugged or disconnected AC drain. Has anyone ever successfully cleared or re-connected this ?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had the exact same problem and was at the dealership today to have it fixed under warranty. Mine was plugged and the water was gathering, then overflowing into the car. It's in a very tough to get at spot, and the actual VW repair sheets show the subframe disassembled to fix it when the mechanic checked online. However, the tech is not just a good mechanic but a smart dude, and was able to use a coat hanger and bend it to get up into the subframe and unplug the problem. I was watching as he did it thinking this isn't going to work, but all's well. He shop vac'd the carpet and dried it, then ran the ac and no more water! Wish I could explain to you how to do it, but even watching it, you'd need to get the T on a hoist or somehow get underneath it and reach way up in there to get at it.

good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I have made an appointment, but have no idea what's covered under my certified warranty. It seems to be a more heavily guarded document than the original constitution.

·
Registered
782 Posts
old model VW speedometer cables sold without the covering has worked well on my Jetta and Passat. Might be another option for DIY on the Touareg

·
Registered
125 Posts
not sure about the certified warranty either, this was covered under the original warranty that still remains. luckily I still have two years of that left before switching over to certified.

it actually didn't take him that long to fix it once he got the T up on the hoist. was just a matter of bending a coat hanger and working it up into the space. I can only imagine what an overzealous dealership might do, and actually charge for a subframe disassemly to fix a plugged hole. be sure to keep an eye on them!

cheers,

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have similar problem. However only back row passenger floor is wet. Front is dry. Was that the case for you as well?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts