Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate anyone's help in identifying the fuel supply line, as I can't get to it to look close, and don't want to take it off before I have a spare. Couldn't find it by googling or on Ebay or just going through the images/schematics. Need the part #.

It's the AXQ v8 4.2L fuel supply hose connection to the main line on the backside and goes on the fuel rail nipple with clamp on the front side.Mine started leaking after disintegrating under the clamp, and lost it twice already, coming off the nipple...cut it down and re-clamped, but noticed the interior fuel line separated from the surrounding rubber protection, so would rather replace.

Any generic or aftermarket solution with a regular heavy duty fuel hose would work as well..what is the interior diameter on that line?

Please see the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate your response. It does look close on ECS, and i was looking at that schematic, but it didnt look right to me considering the orientation it is shown and where it connects to. At least i have something to search for now. Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would just snipped an inch and put it back together with a new clamp. The old clamp did not give enough pressure and I had gas spurting out. Hope this helps
Did the same thing myself as a temporary solution. Reason I am replacing is that after cutting off the piece, the inside gas tube, the actual hose inner lining turned out to be loose and separated from the outside heavy rubber insulation....should be one piece, but in my case it's like a straw made out of latex that rests inside the rubber housing...plus the rubber seems to have lost its properties, as clamping hard seems to cut into the outside and start destroying it instead of rubber flexing and creating pressure around the steel fuel intake.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Did the same thing myself as a temporary solution. Reason I am replacing is that after cutting off the piece, the inside gas tube, the actual hose inner lining turned out to be loose and separated from the outside heavy rubber insulation....should be one piece, but in my case it's like a straw made out of latex that rests inside the rubber housing...plus the rubber seems to have lost its properties, as clamping hard seems to cut into the outside and start destroying it instead of rubber flexing and creating pressure around the steel fuel intake.
That sure sounds like the kind of damage that ethanol in the fuel causes to non-compatible rubber compounds, delamination, embrittlement, etc.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Probably just old. E10 has been around long before the Touareg was manufactured. Surely they would have spec'd ethanol resistant rubber fuel lines? From the photo, it looks like a T1 V8, so it's at least 10 years old.

After a vehicle is 10 years old, I start getting paranoid and will replace a rubber line if it even looks at me the wrong way. ;- )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.