Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so have 2004 V8 .... Just bought secondhand .. Love love love the car but couple of things driving me crazy... Every time I open the car the seats adjust to a position I did not set... I tried resetting the set and button one .. To no avail.. Also the mirrors reset to a weird position .. Read a number of posts and they said hit the switch under steering wheel to switch off auto exit seat (gives u more room to get out) my steering wheel does not have this button and it manual steering column adjust not electrical ... Tried under trip computer and nothing there either ... Can u help.. Going nuts as every tine I get in my car I have adjust seats and mirrors...

·
Registered
412 Posts
Sounds like it's the memory to the key. Check the manual on how to reprogram the saved settings to the key. It wasn't difficult to do, just don't remember what it is off the top of my head.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Can't help on the key front but as a new owner read this thread carefully for other tips on the Touareg you've just bought:

Buying a used Touareg. What to look for. - myTreg forums

As you have a V8, I hope the timing belt, water pump, thermostat and tensioners have been changed and properly documented so you can be sure the work was done.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't remember that my 2004 had a memory to the key function. My 2013 does.

But you know what happened to me the other day? My seat settings were set to memory 2 and my wife's were set to memory one. Everything worked fine for a year, then one afternoon my seat settings were set to memory 1 and memory 2 was blank. No rhyme or reason. Neither of us could figure it out.

So it doesn't surprise me. Did you try resetting all the memory buttons?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys... I tried all the memory resets or reset with position I want .. It seems to take the position but then when I open car the everything goes back to weird setting ... So kinda thinking it has something to do with remote setting.. Someone suggested reviewing vag settings... Don't know how to do that.. Guess I will just keep resetting the seats and mirrors until I find fix :-(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Vag-Com is a cable you can by from Ross-Tech that comes with antiquated but functional software to communicate with the computer. Very well worth the money. If only just to turn off all the annoying alarms.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Seems that a few have the same problem as I do.
All seat settings are fine. Press 1 and it goes to where I set it. Same for 2 and 3. Just doesn't do it when I exit or enter the car. I am not a big body, but quickly got sick of banging my head on the door seal.
It doesn't look like anyone has a decent answer for this problem.
Trouble in Melbourne Aus is not many dedicated mechanics with Touarg knowledge, well, non that I can find anyway.

·
Registered
289 Posts
My guess is that water soaked the driver side rug and got to the harness that runs to the memory Seat/Steering Column adjustment Module(under driver seat). The harness runs under the outside edge of the carpet up to the A pillar. To get to the harness pull of the lower A pillar trim and outside of rug. Search the forum for better diy with pictures. Or the Module is shot. Lots of us have had wiring issues do to water.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok so have 2004 V8 .... Just bought secondhand .. Love love love the car but couple of things driving me crazy... Every time I open the car the seats adjust to a position I did not set... I tried resetting the set and button one .. To no avail.. Also the mirrors reset to a weird position .. Read a number of posts and they said hit the switch under steering wheel to switch off auto exit seat (gives u more room to get out) my steering wheel does not have this button and it manual steering column adjust not electrical ... Tried under trip computer and nothing there either ... Can u help.. Going nuts as every tine I get in my car I have adjust seats and mirrors...
I've attached a pdf of the pages from the manual for setting the seat and outside mirrors memory in case you don't have a copy. I have a 2004 V6 3.2L that is similar to yours with a manual steering column adjustment and no Convenient Entry Function button on the steering column (pg. 82). The seat and mirror memory settings are linked to a specific key fob (pg. 78). If my husband uses the key fob that is linked to my seat and mirror settings, then the seat will move forward (I'm shorter) when he enters or exits the car. I suggest deleting the key fob memory (pg. 78) and starting over. Hope this helps!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts