Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been looking at a Touareg Lux diesel 2016 with 1K miles on it for $41K. Please on your opinion should i get it or stay away. I almost got one 6 months ago for way way more money was a 2014. What should i do. Thank you all.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Be careful of a scam. E-mail and ask if you can have the LemonSquad.com inspector come look at the car and if they refuse, walk away.

When I was buying mine I found a similar scam! I think the story was that a German lady had bought it, and when she divorced she didn't want to take it back to Germany and now it's in a shipping container so you can't see it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be careful of a scam. E-mail and ask if you can have the LemonSquad.com inspector come look at the car and if they refuse, walk away.

When I was buying mine I found a similar scam! I think the story was that a German lady had bought it, and when she divorced she didn't want to take it back to Germany and now it's in a shipping container so you can't see it.
crazy is it sounds its a Audi dealer that is offering for sale. i thought that they put a stop sale on VW diesel but he told me its for sale.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Great price. If it's been titled (used), then it can sold.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Even with the scandal that price sounds a bit too good to be true. Other than that, I see no reason not to buy a TDI Touareg right now, as long as the price is properly discounted from pre-scandal pricing. Depending on features, a 2016 TDI lux was selling around $50K in late October, post 2.0 scandal breaking, but before the November 2nd stop sales order for the 3.0 vehicles. I don't see the value dropping another 20% because it is used with 1000 miles on it, but I hope I am wrong so you can get a great deal on a very nice vehicle.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
If it is with a genuine Audi dealer, go for it ASAP before someone else snaps it up. They might even give you a better price!!

·
Registered
801 Posts
They put a stop sale on all NEW and CPO vehicles. They can still sell non-CPO used vehicles - which is what this Audi dealer is doing. That's a great price!!!! If you are in the market and it meets what you are looking for (color, interior, trim package), I'd jump on it.....

If you want to check out pricing and see what similar models are priced at across the country, look at Used Cars, New Cars, Reviews, Photos and Opinions - CarGurus

Good luck!

Reactions: skenderbeu
1 - 8 of 8 Posts