Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellow Treg owners.

firstly I'm so sorry this isn't a intro thread but I'm in need of some help.

my name is Jane and I have a 2004 R5 Tdi which is poorly :(

my poor car has the 'brake fault stop vehicle message' on the dash.

here's the story
whilst changing the sat navigation unit which broke with a Chinese sat navigation unit. the message appeared. after doing some research I charged the battery just in case that was the problem and went to my local indy (500 yards away) to have the codes read.

he stated it's the control module for the transfer case(J646) has no communication (004)

they checked all the fuses and noticed the ABS had blown.

the Car does come out of 'P' and will drive but really slowly like it's lost all its power. and on the dash I also have a yellow ABS and Traction light.

please could you guys kindly tell me if there is something else I could try as I don't want to spend £1,000s on a control module :(

thank you in advance and I'm sorry for the lack of intro

Thank you Jane x
Screenshot_2016-01-12-16-53-53.jpg

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
This is a US based site so most folk have been in bed - some probably still are!!

Join and post on the UK site as well [there are more R5 owners there too as the model never went to the US]:

www.mytreg.com

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Very well could be the radio unit causing it. I say this because i removed my navigation OEM unit in my 2008 to an aftermarket and i was having errors in the cluster with my air suspension level control not working and other minor glitches with the adaptive cruiser control due to an ABS control error that showed up in the scan. Installed the OEM navi unit and NO MORE ISSUES. The VAG CANBUS system is very touchy and the radio is part of the CANBUS which talks to many other units within the CANBUS system so I wouldn't be surprised if it was fine and not defective, but simply your radio is causing it. Do you still have OEM Radio that you can put back in, clear out the erorrs and test?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very well could be the radio unit causing it. I say this because i removed my navigation OEM unit in my 2008 to an aftermarket and i was having errors in the cluster with my air suspension level control not working and other minor glitches with the adaptive cruiser control due to an ABS control error that showed up in the scan. Installed the OEM navi unit and NO MORE ISSUES. The VAG CANBUS system is very touchy and the radio is part of the CANBUS which talks to many other units within the CANBUS system so I wouldn't be surprised if it was fine and not defective, but simply your radio is causing it. Do you still have OEM Radio that you can put back in, clear out the erorrs and test?

Thank you, i will try this now :) x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts