·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car budget: 38k

Which will you choose: ( exclude tax)

1. 37.5k for a used Touareg TDI Lux w/ 22k miles - black

2. 41k for a used Touareg R Line w/ 28k miles - silver

3. 39k for used Touareg R line w/ 27k miles - silver - 900 miles from my location so need to fly there then drive the car back.

Now will r line sport suspensions too harsh on Houston road? 80% of the road in here are concrete (20% asphalt), 60% uneven roads (little bumps), 20% potholes.

For those with R line how do you like the ride..too soft...too harsh?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
No input on the different models, but I have only owned one black car and I will never own another. Hot in the summer after sitting, shows every blemish, dirty 99% of the time. Silver is great. Not big on the color (I purchased used and it was what was available), but it stays clean for weeks!

I would cancel #3 because the price, mileage, color and everything is too close to the same for having to fly and buy gas to drive back.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

You're right about the sports suspension [family member trading their T3 with Sport due to the wife's bad back finding it just too firm], so if your roads aren't great get a set of 17 or 18 inch wheels and fit a quiet, comfortable tire like the Michelin Latitude Tour. There is also a far greater choice of tires in those sizes and at better prices than 19s.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,873 Posts
Anywhere else in the world (viz. decent roads etc etc...it'd be #2).

But given what you have described...#1.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.