Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After more than a decade of having two sets of rims (road/offroad) I've decided I'm getting too old to stuff around changing wheels so looking to go to one set only.
Primarily looking for a responsive comfortable everyday local/freeway tyre with the ability for light offroad/dirt application on occasion.
I'm looking at Scorpion Zero in 255/55R19 111V, anyone have experience with these or can I do better with another tyre preferably in the scorpion range?

TonyB
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

· Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,935 Posts
Look up my post on the LE3s I purchased this summer. They aren't anything special to look at, but I've been impressed by how they handle even in snow (which I'm not sure you'd ever encounter) as I've put off switching to my winters until yesterday and have actually had to drive them in the snow. I've also driven over a few curbs and grassy embankments in order to avoid paying parking lot exit fees at a weekly appointment for the last few months.

They aren't runflats, but for a one stop solution I'm really impressed with how well they behave.

Might be worth considering as they are very comfy too (in the 20 size, so even less side wall than what you'd be considering)

· Registered
216 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
I ran Scorpions through two winter and two summer seasons. I have no complaints about the performance. I towed snowmobiles in ice/snow no problem, and 1000 mile summer road trips through mountains and deserts no problem. Great tire. They are wearing a bit prematurely now. Maybe my only complaint. I just put on Blizzak DM-V2s for this winter as I'm planning on getting new rims/tires for next summer.

· Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apologies to those that have responded but I've been unusually busy the last couple of days to respond to the individual replies.
Some of the Scorpions mentioned are not available in my market as we generally don't get much snow.
@danielinvades, You don't mention what actual Scorpions your experience has been with, is it the Zero or something else under the scorpion badge?

Many thanks,

TonyB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts