Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 V8 Touareg that had the following setup

• RNS2
  • Dynaudio sound
  • Backup camera
  • Factory NAV
I decided to replace the above with a more modern head unit that supported Apple carplay and hands free phone/BT capability.

I settled on the Pioneer 8200 NEX and turned to Christian at Enfig.com to perform the procedure with impressive results.

Christian installed the Pioneer and replaced the steering wheel controls with VW partnumber : 7L6-959-538-E-3X1 for phone remote control, reused the factory GPS antenna and the factory back up camera. He also got the MFD Display to show “Pioneer” when on the audio screen. It works with the Dynaudio to produce excellent sound quality. All the music files on my phone are high res flac or wav format and the new setup handles them with aplomb. Here is a snippet of the work.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdyd-7rh5m1/?taken-by=enfigcarstereo

I will post more this weekend.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 2008 V8 Touareg that had the following setup

• RNS2
  • Dynaudio sound
  • Backup camera
  • Factory NAV
I decided to replace the above with a more modern head unit that supported Apple carplay and hands free phone/BT capability.

I settled on the Pioneer 8200 NEX and turned to Christian at Enfig.com to perform the procedure with impressive results.

Christian installed the Pioneer and replaced the steering wheel controls with VW partnumber : 7L6-959-538-E-3X1 for phone remote control, reused the factory GPS antenna and the factory back up camera. He also got the MFD Display to show “Pioneer” when on the audio screen. It works with the Dynaudio to produce excellent sound quality. All the music files on my phone are high res flac or wav format and the new setup handles them with aplomb. Here is a snippet of the work.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdyd-7rh5m1/?taken-by=enfigcarstereo

I will post more this weekend.

IMG_2422.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
How much did parts and labor cost for this whole job? I just got done going through your video, including those by Enfig on their IG page. Wow, wish I had known about doing these aftermarket stereos and being able to retain factory backup Cam along with Dynaudio Sound.

I just paid $1K for a brand new RNS510 that is 2019 model year and has the new SSD hardrives instead of the older HDD slower drives. This is so I can just stay as close to factory as possible to retain my OEM rear camera and Dynaudio.

The benefit in your setup is you get Apple Carplay and Android Auto. Hmm, I install this new RNS510 tonight and will see how I like it and whether or not it's worth keeping it. Plus I had to pay $120 for a new OEM bluetooth module to have the 9W7 version which is capable of phone/music rather than the old 9W3 module that I have now which is phone only.

Lastly, I have to sell the Android head unit I have sitting pretty much brand new in a box and will take a huge loss on it. Oh well, I learned the hard and expensive way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts