·
Registered
2,256 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
When I do mine I’m going to buy this:

And use walnut shells.

This one puts out too much product. My mechanic bought one like this and said it didn’t work. I used a cheap under $ 20. 00 one which definitely had it’s faults but worked pretty good. Bottom line is it’s a real PIA job. I first scraped everything I could off walls and valves and vacuumed scrapings out with 3/8” tube taped onto my shop vac, then used small media blaster with walnut shells for final clean. Since I did both our FSI’s, when you move that Touareg to Utah I’ll be here to give you a hand Perry 01 Auto part Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper
Engine Auto part Automotive engine part Carburetor
Metal
Engine Auto part Automotive engine part Vehicle Metal
Yellow Personal protective equipment Auto part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
This one puts out too much product. My mechanic bought one like this and said it didn’t work. I used a cheap under $ 20. 00 one which definitely had it’s faults but worked pretty good. Bottom line is it’s a real PIA job. I first scraped everything I could off walls and valves and vacuumed scrapings out with 3/8” tube taped onto my shop vac, then used small media blaster with walnut shells for final clean. Since I did both our FSI’s, when you move that Touareg to Utah I’ll be here to give you a hand Perry 01 View attachment 204841 View attachment 204849 View attachment 204857 View attachment 204865 View attachment 204873
I like your final results. My Touareg will be there next February. I’d also like to replace the trans and diff fluid as well as de-carb the intake.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Be happy to help with all of the above. Any progress on brake vacuum pump?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Be happy to help with all of the above. Any progress on brake vacuum pump?
My extended warranty expires at the end of this year. I’m waiting for something else to pop up and include when I take it to the dealer to resolve the brake vacuum pump issue.

Reactions: mtnride
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.