Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a Touareg pickup the other day go through Silverton Oregon. The front looked the same but it had a cab and a bed. I did a double take when I saw it. We have six or more Touaregs in our town of less than 10 K.

·
Administrator
4,300 Posts
You probably saw an Amarok. Did you catch if it had Michigan manufacturer plates?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Seems like that would also be a natural platform for a solid 3rd row SUV.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I hope they will graft the T3/T4 front ends on the truck because it is butt-ugly. Ugly like a Ridgeline. I will say, though, that if they did make it with the same capabilities as the TDI, that is, with the 7,700lb tow and with the TDI 0-60 and all that jazz, I could be up for one.

I could use the bed.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes that is what I saw. At first I thought it was a Honda Ridgeline. I did not notice the state plate. It was white however.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I hope they will graft the T3/T4 front ends on the truck because it is butt-ugly. Ugly like a Ridgeline. I will say, though, that if they did make it with the same capabilities as the TDI, that is, with the 7,700lb tow and with the TDI 0-60 and all that jazz, I could be up for one.

I could use the bed.

The Anorak is a very nice motor - almost on a par with the 3.0 Tdi if it has a bit of weight on the bed to stop the pick-up "bounce".

The two litre bi-turbo 8 speed auto has a 7,000 lb tow rating and is quite quick, but it would be even nicer if it had the 3.0 Tdi option . . . !

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
VW needs this vehicle desperately in North America. If they don't over-engineer it and price it right then these things would sell very well.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
VW needs this vehicle desperately in North America. If they don't over-engineer it and price it right then these things would sell very well.
Both terms -over-engineered and priced right- are self contradictory in VW corporate speak.

·
Administrator
4,300 Posts
Add emissions compliant to that category. ;)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
VW builds it and most people never hear of it, Audi builds anything and everyone knows about it. Funny because I have driven both the Q 5 and of course owned the Touareg R line TDI for over two years now and I see no difference in quality . Our Treg is first cabin or top shelf. And if they build a heavy duty 1/2 top pickup with the 3.0. TDI 8 speed I would be a customer.

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
Both terms -over-engineered and priced right- are self contradictory in VW corporate speak.

Good point, it'll come in at 60K and corporate VW will wonder why Americans aren't buying a pickup truck...

they need to spend a day with a toyota tacoma to get the point.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
VW builds it and most people never hear of it, Audi builds anything and everyone knows about it.
Great line. So true.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts