Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we picked up our new 180 today, traded the 2013 in for it.

Bit of a tragic really, this is our third Touareg in four years.

Anyway, very impressed, it appears they've spent a fair bit of time fine tuning things, the steering, engine, driveline and suspension are all appreciably smoother.

As an example the front of our old one used to bottom out over speed humps in comfort mode, not the new one.

Tyres are much better too, last one had good years this one has pirelli's. The good years were crappy from day one, rough and noisy, I was happy to change them at 27,000 k's. The pirelli's are great from day one.

All seems a bit more refined, a little more luxurious.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
And here's your next one . . .

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Since VW refuses to sell me one with air suspension, enjoy that future beautiful blue beauty mates.

And all the best to Greg and his AIR equipped comfort mode! :mrgreen: No Greg, not jealous of you at all. Not a bit. None. Zero. Nada.

lol.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nooby,

That looks good but not sure I want a bigger car and certainly don't need 7 seats. We looked at the new Q7, very impressive car, I like shiny new things and was particularly impressed with the "virtual cockpit". It drove very well, the one I test drove had the rear wheel steer, wow! That works for low speed manoeuvrability. Over here though we can only get the 7 seater which adds weight. I think the next one may be a Tiguan,......maybe. I'm getting old.

in the end I paid 80k for the Touareg including the option pack with adaptive cruise, the Audi was 120k for the same spec but with 19 inch wheels and no air suspension, those two things would have cost more again. The Audi was very impressive compared to my 2013, the new one, I think, almost matches it for refinement. I couldn't see 40k difference especially given the resale I've achieved with the Touaregs.

Nickyt,

Mate, bloody VW, who can work them out? Over here we can't buy one without air suspension, and it's fantastic. I recently took three people from work to a café, there is a fairly rough piece of road on the way there. These people all drive late model cars, there was a significant conversation over lunch and back in the office about how smooth and comfortable the Touareg is.

And the new one is better!

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
The AIR is a beautiful ride and it sounds like you appreciate it. Really! You are surrounded by loaded VW's. Now I might be getting a little bit jealous.

I can't figure out VW, that is for sure! Sometimes it is like they are being ran by Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde! I did not realize that (for whatever reason) you guys were being flooded with the loaded Touaregs.

North America got the VW de-contenting starting fast and furious during the 2007 model and it got progressively worse every year. The very few loaded ones that came over were were usually VW Corporate Fleet Demos. If you were very lucky, you could get one when the executives got tired of it and some dealer got it as a pre-owned Certified VW to resell.

Over here, an Audi is a fast depreciation vehicle. It does not have the resell value of the Mercedes, BMW, Porsche. Yet, it costs as much for the first owner as the others I mentioned.

A heavily price-discounted Q7 might be a good vehicle to pick up as the second owner, but the Q7 has never managed to grown on me. With the VW Scandel, the resell and image of the Audi brand is going to take yet another hit.

Come to think of it, 2016 might be a good year for me to look at a pre-owned Audi. Might be a deal too good to pass up.

PS: I have always enjoyed riding on the Pirelli tires. Good Stuff. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts