Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Didn't get to do any trails , they were mostly closed. Probably because of the fire up there not too sure and we where heading back down by 2pm so just now heard about that crash. Wow so sad!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi there. My name is John. I picked up an 08 V8 FSI Touareg about a month ago, with only 60k miles. I had to fly up to Salt Lake City to get it, but it was an AWESOME drive back home.

So far, I've chopped off the back side of both air intake boxes and dropped in a pair of K&N panel filters. I put on a new set of Michelin's right away, since there was considerable cupping on the old tires.

I starting playing around with the exhaust a bit, to get a lil more growl. I started by chopping off the suitcase muffler. That was a nice lil rumble! I then unhooked the center resonator. WHOA!! It sounded pretty sweet at startup, and a couple quick revs. But driving around, I really felt redneck. So I hooked the center resonator back up. I'm going to be putting in a Magnflow 2in/2out where the center resonator is, and running straight pipes from there. That should be enough rumble.

Brakes are next. I have some Stoptech drilled/slotted rotors coming for the front and rear. I am also going with some Pagid pads for front and rear. I've had Pagid on all of my heavily modified Audis, so I figured I would stick with them. I will also do steel braided lines up front, with some ATE Super Blue when the time comes to put all this in.

After that, suspension! As much as air would be nice, I'm glad I got a Touareg with the steel setup. Far less issues. I would, however, LOVE to put in an aftermarket air setup. But that just isn't in the budget. So a set of Koni FSDs will be lined up, but probably not until mid-summer.

I would like to do a fiberglass sub enclosure in the driver's rear corner. So if anyone has some fiberglassing skills... :) It would be much appreciated!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
A long time.. Bump. I had a couple
Of disasters.. Lost my Treg for several months in two stents, I could have deployed 15 months and called it good.

Anyways - I'm back, and am looking for some mechanical help. I think I may want to get my water pump replaced, and injectors cleaned. I'm shy on taking it to a dealer for any reason.. I don't think they know how to handle unicorns... :D

If anyone is up for some trails, I'm up for it before we go from this perfect weather to hell on earth..

·
Registered
3 Posts
New member, new owner. Treg 2006 v10. Willing to host 2016 summer run into White Mountains. Hope you guys golf, watching USMNT soccer, atv'ing, or are into archery...gotta have non driving side fun.
Just picked up a '55 dodge m37 power wagon also. Lots of summer fun with our boys!

Carter

·
Registered
22 Posts
This thread is dead, huh?

Any vehicles in the recall...did you keep them or turn them in?

I have a 2011 TDI Sport that has the Nov deadline and we will keep it either way it goes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All,

I tried posting this to the classifieds but it disappeared and I even followed the rules! Anyways, I am local to Scottsdale, 85250 and have some take off parts from my 2011 TDI which was turned in a bit ago. Send me a PM for anything below - hoping to do local pickup so buyers avoid shipping costs. I can send pics or you can find this stuff on craigs with pics.

Everything is in awesome condition, and only used for less than a year or about 6,000 miles. Willing to negotiate if you buy more than one thing in my set.

3D MAXpider Complete Set Custom Fit All-Weather Floor Mat - Fits 2011 & up VW Touareg & up; Porsche Cayenne models (all trims) Tan - $99

3D MAXpider Cargo Custom Fit All-Weather Floor Mat - - Fits ALL models & up VW Touareg & up; Porsche Cayenne models (all trims) Tan - $60

Covercraft UVS100 - Series Heat Shield Custom Fit Windshield Sunshade for Select Volkswagen Touareg Models - Laminate Material (Gold) - $35

Touareg Wind Deflectors - WeatherTech - 2011 and up models - $30

OEM VW 2011+ Cargo Cover - $250, brown.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Let’s see if this thread can’t be resurrected..

Anyone up for a meet, Phoenix area?

A preliminary meet and greet would be good to go.

·
Registered
2010 Touareg TDI
13 Posts
Anthem here. Just bought a 2010 TDI w/air suspension a few weeks ago.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts