Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Administrator
4,378 Posts
Don't get me wrong, that is a good price for the PhatBox, but for that money, I would just get a 30 gig iPod, have more storage capability and have the ability to use it outside of the car.

I only have a 5 gig iPod and I would never want to have another device!

· Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the streamlined, hidden installation of the Phatbox, along with the excellent control via CD Changer interface on the stock head unit.

I agree, a portable solution has its pros, but, the main con, [Disclaimer: This is solely my opinion] is how you have to mount it near the center console. I just don't think I like the look of the "floating" IPod when compared to the hidden-away solution.

· Registered
93 Posts
Phatbox

How does the phatbox integrates with the Navi/Audio II on the Touareg V8 ? does anybody actually have it ? Does it play WMA or only MP3 ? I am seriously considering it. if it integrates well into the sound system it's a great product.

· Registered
2 Posts
Need 6CD Changer

Anyone who put in a Phat box and has an extra OEM 6 CD changer in good working condition can contact me...and I will buy it off you. Need one only.

Alternatively, has anyone found a good OEM type that will fit in the cubby at the back of the T-Reg, just plug & play etc... with the Delphi Monsoon head unit???
Thanks,

Cybulman

· Registered
20 Posts
You think the price drop is due to an impending release of a new version?

I hear that the next version will support wi-fi sync (park in your garage and the next morning you're all up to date), larger capacity, and potentially more media formats.

· Registered
138 Posts
I've been looking at the Phatbox, but I think the thing is way over-priced for what it has to offer. 20 gigs is nothing these days, and the 60 gig cartridge costs as much as two 200 gig hard drives. Unless the prices are lowered to a reasonable level, I don't think the Phatbox is worth buying. It's a nice player, packaging the HD into a removable cartridge is a great idea. If only the price was right.

· Registered
15 Posts
Mike said:
Dublin VW is selling the Phatbox for $425 + tax. Great deal in my opinion.
Mike, can you give me their web site address?
I'd like to buy the PhatBox.

10x

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.