Club Touareg Forum banner

What date do you prefer?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, time for another "g'day, how y'going" catch up methinks.

I'm still bound by work commitments of a weekend (129 days to go), so this meet 'n greet will be along the same lines as the previous. Meet up at 3pm or onwards.

Change of location
Looking at Point Walter Reserve along Burke Road. Loads of parking, and some nice residences as a backdrop.
Attadale Reserve

so.....what date? Choose your preferred day in the poll.

Reactions: Singh

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
20th or 21st March ??

·
Registered
484 Posts
Gday Steve I was literally thinking this week it is time to do this again. Will have to revert on date, keen to hear on suggestions from others too.

Pete.

Reactions: Steve_L

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Revert on date"? Can you make like Pauline Hanson? (Please explain) ;)

Reactions: gatkins

·
Registered
484 Posts
No worries Steve, will get back to you on the date.

Pete

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump.... any other date preferences?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in. Either day

·
Registered
27 Posts
If the date sticks, I’ll miss out again. The week before or after would fit. Maybe third time is a charm😜

·
Registered
484 Posts
I reckon I can make either date Steve proposed with the Sunday slightly harder my side.

Pete

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys, I have amended the poll. Results up until now were even. so I have taken the liberty to edit the poll, and specify actual days/dates.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Either is good for me.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Either is good for me.
Cool. Brent, can you actually see the poll at the top of the page, with various dates? I have amended the first post to provide a more definitive option for attendees.

@Yogie69 can you see the poll? Are there dates in there that better suit you?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Cool. Brent, can you actually see the poll at the top of the page, with various dates? I have amended the first post to provide a more definitive option for attendees.

Ah, thanks for the tip Steve on locating the Poll. In Tapatalk it doesn't show so I went to my PC at the site and now I see it. Tonight will get the diary my "admin team" maintains and select the most desirable dates.

Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts

yes i can and most dates are good for me

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi all,
Thanks for organising this.
I’m sorry (kind of) that I’ll miss this, but barring something unfortunate, we’re driving to Melbourne to see a daughter on Monday. Then we’ll head to QLD when it cools down, across to NT and back to Melbourne before coming home sometime before Christmas.

While I remember, I know some of you tow decent size vans. Has anyone had any problems with engine or transmission overheating on a 7P V6 diesel?
It’s not uncommon on certain other tow tugs, so they fit transmission coolers etc. But I’m wary about modifying mine unless it’s essential.

Anyway, I hope you have a great time, catching up.

Regards, Brett

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Brett,

I'm jealous of your trip plans.
We have towed our van with a 2007 7L V6 TDI across the Nullarbor many times. Most recent eastern states venture saw us wander all the way up to Coffs, then returning via the Dorrigo Range. The Treg never missed a beat and I have never had any temp issues at all with that car. No added coolers etc all stock except for a Chip Module for the motor, which I forgot I had turned up to almost maximum, and it did cause it to consume a little more oil than previously experienced, but not enough to be concerned.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi Brett,

I'm jealous of your trip plans.
We have towed our van with a 2007 7L V6 TDI across the Nullarbor many times. Most recent eastern states venture saw us wander all the way up to Coffs, then returning via the Dorrigo Range. The Treg never missed a beat and I have never had any temp issues at all with that car. No added coolers etc all stock except for a Chip Module for the motor, which I forgot I had turned up to almost maximum, and it did cause it to consume a little more oil than previously experienced, but not enough to be concerned. View attachment 242883
View attachment 242884
Now that is a fine piece of machinery towing! now plastic there 🤣

1 - 20 of 26 Posts