Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
i heard from my dealer that there are in germany chips on the market that will increase the power of a V10 from 313hp to above 400 hp. the new top speed of the v10 will be about 260 km.

the powerincrease... that's awsome!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
he also said that there is no warranty anymore.. blow ups on the turbo etc.. i guess that is the price of being the fastest on the road..

·
Registered
23 Posts
You will void the wtty. Period.

If you don't know much about "chipping" a car, I suggest that you read my rather lengthy post "To chip or not to chip" that I posted a few days ago.

The power claims are easily shown on a dyno by changing some of the parameters on the dyno. DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ!! I have chipped and dynoed a few cars and can tell you first hand the pains. If you would like more info, go to Steve DINAN's website and look for the white paper he wrote about dynos. It will explain quite a bit.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When you replace the chip in a diesal it produces GREAT numbers. It is no atypical to recieve 50 to 100 hp out of a diesal with a new chip. The chip adds a lot more fuel into the diesal engine to create more combustion. There are no spark plugs so the more you put in the small cylinder the higher the pressure.... People do this all the time with ford and chevy trucks.

Like this Ford that is crazy fast ( it is propain injected, cuzz propain lends itself to better combustion at high pressure):

www.olypen.com/bulldog/movies.html/F350Run.wmv

·
Registered
23 Posts
AZlinebacker,

Not to disagree with you but a big reason that diesels do so well with chips is because they are (for the most part) turbo engines. The chip actually allows for more boost (psi) than the stock ECU will allow and thus the great power increases.

When mfg's are tuning turboed cars (or supercharged cars for that matter) they stress test the engine extensively. The longevity of the engine is a first priority. I don't have any figures but I would bet they tune the engine (turbos) to 20% less than potential. ( I dunno, I am guessing here)

Then, tuners come in and then rewrite the codes to allow for more boost than the oem settings. That is why you get the big jumps on the forced incuction vehicles (diesels or not).

On my 2001 twin turbo Audi S4, I think the oem psi setting was 1 BAR or 14.7 psi and with my APR chip I think I was running about 19psi. The hp jumped from a stock claimed 250 hp (crank) to 307 hp (crank).

naturaly aspirated engines do NOT get much power from any chip tuning and you risk alot if you proceed doing that.

Geez, I sound like some guy from VW of N.A. but believe me, I have been there and had to fight when my Audi Mass Air Flow sensors went out. It gets ugly real quick.

My best advice for more power is breathing mods.. intake (cold air, new filters like K&N) exhaust (bigger diameter with new high flow mufflers) and headers (usually the most expensive but probably the biggest power gains. All of those mods usually won't affect the engine wtty (only the specific parts that are replaced).

·
Registered
238 Posts
i have to check it out by my dealer..

but:
i believe one thing: the engine is not designed to do so much more without any possible damage to the V10. anyway i have more reasons not to chip as to chip the engine.
i think that running a 750 NM 313hp stock engine is far far more as i do now so i'm happy. the only reason for me checking this thing out is knowing what you can do with the V10 :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IMO the price difference with the V8 and the V10 is is worth it to just get the V8 and supercharger it... Motodyne.com has a supercharger out that costs less than the difference of the V8 to the V10. The supercharger costs about $10,000 and bumps the V8 to 450hp and similar tourque numbers. <== this is me drooling on my keyboard. :wink:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have the R5.. it only has 174 hp :cry: , so I really wanted to install a chip, to get more than 200 hp.. but, if it ruins the engine.. I think I won´t do it.. it´s a shame.. :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.