Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,368 Posts
You won't gain much with a normal aspirated V8 with just a chip. Biggest gains is if you turbo it or add a supercharger. That thing on Ebay I would not trust at all.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah that thing is just a glorified resistor which tricks the computer into "thinking" the air intake is cooler than it actually is, and it then compensates by dumping more fuel into the motor.

·
Registered
744 Posts
eBay...Pretty much all cheap performance mods are exactly that.. Cheap... And they never offer proof of any performance increase they claim.
Try finding an actual customer of theirs or even a dyno readout showing your vehicle and engine performance before and after numbers anywhere on the web. If it is REALLY difficult or impossible to find, they haven't done it.

Someone already mentioned the resistor trick, it tricks the MAF sensor into thinking the engine is cold so it enriches the mixture a bit. It gains nearly no performance benefit and uses a little more gas. That's why they cost $15. the more expensive ones are identical , but people still buy them.... Hey it's their money.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys I guess the only mod that is worth doing is the super charger kit for around 6k... Maybe in 10 years :/

·
Registered
441 Posts
Exhaust, especially down pipes, would make a noticeable improvement due to weight reduction and better flow. I just have a cat back but I noticed an improvement using my finely tuned "seat of the pants" dyno. Otherwise, a Cayenne is the best mod. ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts