Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a v6 toureg and em now finding living up in the mountains at high altitude i could use alittle more power. dose anyone know if vw is going to make any factory performace parts that might increese my hp or tourq?

· Registered
715 Posts
Some people have reported the K&N air filter to provide a little more umph...

Others have noticed no increase in power.

Our sponsors sell the K&N if you plan on purchasing it. Also, search the board for the topics related to the filters so you can read some other people's feedback.

Please keep us informed of the progress with this situation.

Thanks and good luck!

· Registered
7 Posts
We are set to start testing the week of the 28th. It will proabably take about a week. I will need to find somebody with a V8 to test and prototype. Again, we may need the car for up to 1 week. If you are interested, email me, [email protected]. BTW, we are in Pomona, CA.
We will try to make a 2 piece intake system that is a cold air intake unit that can be made a short ram just by removing the bottom. I will also make sure to have a dyno of the results. Cross your fingers, I know the V6 is sluggish up hills.

· Registered
58 Posts
I installed both K&N filters yesterday. Left side, no problem. Right side..... :chainsaw: Ended up taking a few plastic covers off to finally have enough room to get the tab out of the slot on the bttom of the filter cover. Two lines run over top of the filter cover were not a big deal. Im glad I wont have to mess with it again for 50,000 miles. Havent really taken it out to see the performance difference. Ill keep you posted. :smile:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.