Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I am planning on starting a peeling interior repair services. You will need to send me the damaged part, and I will return it repaired (all the illuminated symbols will be kept). I will soon post pictures and prices in the commercial posts area of the forum. I am just checking if there are members who are interested. I will also post instructions how to remove the damaged parts. I think that members will me most interested in repairing their NAVI and RADIO units. I will post a full guide how to remove only the front panel in order to reduce shipping price. Please post if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a standard shipping to the European Union.
You can send the whole navigation with this service
USPS
Priority Mail® International Medium Flat Rate Box
USPS-Produced Box: 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8" or 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"
Maximum weight 20 pounds.

6 - 10 business days $47.95

$47.95

It will be even cheaper if you send the front panel of the navigation together with the buttons only (this if the better choice)

It can be shipped with this service
USPS
Priority Mail® International Small Flat Rate Box**
Maximum Value for Contents: $400.00
USPS-Produced Box: 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8"
Maximum weight 4 pounds.

6 - 10 business days $16.95

$16.

interested...but shipping to Bulgaria? Kinda far, no?

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BEFORE AND AFTER

Before and after.
I can repair any damaged interior parts.

Please note that only the side buttons, the arrow buttons and a part of the frame are repaired. I can repair all the buttons including the ones with text (all the symbols and text are kept, the backlight too!)

Attachments

·
Administrator
4,833 Posts
Before and after.
I can repair any damaged interior parts.

Please note that only the side buttons, the arrow buttons and a part of the frame are repaired. I can repair all the buttons including the ones with text (all the symbols and text are kept, the backlight too!)
And how do we know these are the same unit before and after? The after photo has damage above the NAVI and MAP button that wasn't present in the before photo. There are other spots with damage on the after photo not shown on the before photo too. such as top right soft touch button. Above the CD slot in the after photo is poorly repaired but perfect in the before photo.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am sending you a photo of the repaired navi on the same table that the original is made
Together with the tools needed for the disassembly. This attitude is highly offending for me. I am not posting this in order to earn money but because nobody else offers this service and I know how irritating this problem is. I am on my way to delete the whole thread. The navi looks like brand new compared to it's condition before. If you want a proof I will make one navi for free and you will pay me if you are happy with the result.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Jelio - spockcat is well respected member here. To be perfectly honest I had doubt too as repaired unit looked so good. Sending the navi across border and back is more then just shipping fee. I am sure you understand. You should make YouTube video and address this or if someone wants to send you test unit.

By the way I am interested too.

·
Registered
607 Posts
What is the cost to fix peeling buttons? I am looking at the buttons above the climate controls such as the seat heater switches, the park sensor on/off, ect.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jelio - spockcat is well respected member here. To be perfectly honest I had doubt too as repaired unit looked so good. Sending the navi across border and back is more then just shipping fee. I am sure you understand. You should make YouTube video and address this or if someone wants to send you test unit.

By the way I am interested too.
Because of all those doubts, I will buy a MFD2 in bad visual condition (the same as mine before the repair). Then I will repair it and I will send you the front part of the navi. You will have to pay me the price for the repair + a core deposit for the part that I am sending. Then after sending me back the front part of your navi, I will refund you the core deposit. The payment will be made my PAYPAL so that you can return the money if I don't send you anything or you are not happy with the product. I have sold some products on the forum and I have a good reputation. You won't have to send any part of your navigation before you see my product, I will send you the part, together with a youtube video how to install it and the needed tools and then you send me back the damaged part (your faceplate). I can't see any chance of a scam in that.

Please share your oppinion

·
Registered
374 Posts
jelio said:
Because of all those doubts, I will buy a MFD2 in bad visual condition (the same as mine before the repair). Then I will repair it and I will send you the front part of the navi. You will have to pay me the price for the repair + a core deposit for the part that I am sending. Then after sending me back the front part of your navi, I will refund you the core deposit. The payment will be made my PAYPAL so that you can return the money if I don't send you anything or you are not happy with the product. I have sold some products on the forum and I have a good reputation. You won't have to send any part of your navigation before you see my product, I will send you the part, together with a youtube video how to install it and the needed tools and then you send me back the damaged part (your faceplate). I can't see any chance of a scam in that.

Please share your oppinion
Hi Jelio, can you repair the 2 console switchs for diff lock and air suspension?

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am ready. I have found a RNS. If some of you decides to do business with me, I will send you a refurbished faceplate, including instructions on how to install it and the tools needed. You won't have to send me ANYTHING in advance (neither your Navi nor the faceplate). After you receive the product, install it and decide if you are happy with the job done, you will send me your OLD damaged faceplate and I will refund you the core deposit. The payment is made by PAYPAL. All the payments are protected by PAYPAL BUYER PROTECTION. You can file a claim at any time and you will be FULLY REFUNDED. I will send you a tracking number and the receipt from the post as soon as I ship the faceplate. If you receive the faceplate and you don't like it you can return it I will refund you.
Send me a PM if you are interested, I will send you the price and the core deposit (the sum that you will be refunded when you send me your old faceplate)

P.S. all the parts are refurbished with a new paint that is far more durable than the old rubber paint used in the early versions of European Touaregs and even in the more recent versions in the USA. The same paint is used in the original VW NAVIs in their later models.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No one is hating anyone here - its just being careful and asking questions. What is wrong with that?
I know that you are not hating, you are just afraid that you can loose your NAVIs or to leave them to someone that you don't know. That's why I updated the service in a way that you can first see the result and touch it and then decide whether you like it or not. I guarantee you and I swear that the before and after photos on the first page of the forum are 100% real and that I have done the repair! I am sure that the first to receive a faceplate refurbished by me will like it and I will build a good reputation.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts