Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2004 originally fitted with the 11-speaker CD-based Nav system with digital amp. I recently swapped my digital amp for the OE analog amp from a 2009, and installed an RNS-510. Prior to the swap, I did lots of research regarding the wiring changes needed. I have attached a PDF of all the wiring changes needed to swap the 11-channel digital amp for the newer 8-channel analog amp. After these changes, the RNS-510 or the DVD RNS2 head units are basically plug and play.

PDF is attached below

I hope this helps someone down the line. Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
Whim, what bundle type did you use to run the wires from the head-unit harness all the way to the back where the amplifier is located? Where did you choose to run them? Along side the lower passenger door, up the rear wheel tub next to the rear passenger into the rear passenger side compartment that holds the amp?

Also for the head unit, where did you get the plugs harness side, that the head-unit would connect into? The block for 1-11 speakers +/- inputs are completely missing. Unless you kept the Dynavin harness perhaps?

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually used a set of 4-channel Kicker RCA wires that I had previously installed (when I was planning for an aftermarket amp). I cut the RCA plugs off and converted them to speaker wires, which I then attached to the wires running into the analog amp's wiring harnesses. If I were starting from scratch, I would just use a 4-channel bundle of speaker wires (not RCAs). Amazon has lots of 4-channel speaker wire bundles for relatively cheap. Kicker makes a good quality one.

When I ran the RCA cables, I ran them from behind the head unit -> behind the dash to the passenger side fuse panel (made easy by Klein Tools steel fish tape) -> down and under the right kick panel -> under the side sill -> and then up and behind the huge luggage compartment trim piece. For that install I removed that whole side compartment trim piece. That was a big job because among other things I had to remove the right rear seat back.

I bough the small plastic speaker wire housing that fits into the quadlock connecter (for the head unit) from the dealership (part# 3B7 035 447), as well as 4 wires with pins for that housing (with a pin at each end; part# 000 979 133E). 20 bucks or so for those small parts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Whim, seems like a couple mappings are missing. What about black connector 2 wires 21-24 and there are a couple missing the destination wire number.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts