Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search & could not find anything on this. On page 19 of this attached PDF there is mention of a compressed air connection in the passenger seat. No mention of how this might actually be used ( except for a manometer ), whatever that is.

Anybody ever have use for this?

Thanks,
Tuckerdog1

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,718 Posts
You only have it if you have the air suspension. Used for filling up the spare wheel and topping off tires. If you don't have air then all that is there is a plug with nothing behind it.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
The vertical panel on the front center-left part of the passenger seat (L hand drive) has a rubber 'plug' that covers the connection to the air system [if so equipped, ie if you have air suspension]. The car came from the factory with the air hose assembly stowed under the L rear passenger seat. It is secured with a Velcro strap. If you did not buy your car new, a previous owner may have absconded with the hose.
The hose is long enough to reach any of the wheels from the screw on attach connection under the front of the passenger seat. There is an air gage (manometer) and valve on the hose. The attachment to the tire valve is the standard screw type.

·
Super Moderator
9,718 Posts
The car came from the factory with the air hose assembly stowed under the L rear passenger seat. It is secured with a Velcro strap. If you did not buy your car new, a previous owner may have absconded with the hose.
Under the left seat in the T1, actually stored in the spare tire compartment on the T2. At least that is where mine was when I got my Treg.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks,

Unfortunately, I don't have the air suspension. Sure wish I did.

Tuckerdog1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts