Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if the general experience on fault: 01578 is usually anchored in the under-seat 3-wire yellow connector repair/replace TSB, or it tends to more often be the light bulb.

My v10 is at the dealer getting the 120k service and (yet another) alignment and I asked them to chase the 01578 code. I'm being told that it is a couple hundred parts & labor for the "switch or bulb" which seems excessive.

I no longer have AllData access, so I can't actually read TSB 6907-01; but the sequence number is VERY close to the K145 issues in other VW/Audi product so I am guessing maybe this should be a TSB fix? Granted I'm waaaaay out of warranty so I probably need to eat this either way.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Picked the car up from the dealer, sadly the part was not in stock but the service writer indicated that at least in my case the under seat connection was not at-fault.

He indicated that when the tech had the Passenger Airbag Warning light section out of the dash, there is some switch/component that drives the warning lamp and even light touches make it flick in and out of function.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Any more info on this? Was wondering whether it may just be a light bulb issue in the switch itself. My switch seems to be dim on one side and my fault comes and goes while driving.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In my case, not related to TSB. Purely the switch that drives that bulb. $50'ish part. Alternative would be to manually trick your seat to believe that there is an adult butt in it all the time.

This circuit only comes into play when the light is supposed to be on, thereby disabling the pass-side airbag. The fault switch can manifest as a dim bulb or partial illumination.

Dealer charged me 1hr book time @ $135/hr + part. = 1 f'ing expensive lightbulb for something I probably could have "fixed" with a wire-splice for free.

Reactions: VWRalf

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
That''s a small price to pay for making certain the airbags will work in a shunt!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts