Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reed Green metallic w/ tan nappa interior. One owner with about 135k miles. WVGMM77L25D012807
IMG_9631.jpg

Motor appears to be blown.

Good: New(ish) less than 5k miles General W rated tires on 18" split spoke rims. New(ish) rotors and pads (less than 7k) New Bosch battery. New water pump, timing belt, seals, and spark plugs. Has a tow hitch and a desirable aftermarket 2 piece center driveshaft carrier

Bad: Driver window regulator broke. Rear doors stick shut and have to be finessed open. One rear taillight cracked due to UV aging. Xenon headlights are dim and seem to need the driver panels. Driver's seat bottom leather is shot. Auto folding mirrors have ceased to function correctly.

The Terrible: Motor will only turn over about 90 degrees. Something inside has stopped. Starter tries to turn it, but cannot. Could be crankshaft bearing, could be connecting rod, could be bent valve(s?) Just doesn't seem like something I want to chase down. Car served me well for 15 years, but it's time to say farewell.

If someone wants to save this car, please reach out. Maybe you totaled your body and have a good engine. Maybe you've always wanted an Air Suspension model. Hate to send this one to the glue factory, (a junkyard) rather see it get a second chance in a new home.

I will consider selling parts, or whole car. Currently asking $1500 for whole car.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
68 Posts
It would be helpful for many if we knew what part of the country, or even the state, where the vehicle is located. The US flag only gives a slight hint. There is one beside my name, but I'm guessing most on here would not consider buying a non-running car from me. TIA.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would be helpful for many if we knew what part of the country, or even the state, where the vehicle is located. The US flag only gives a slight hint. There is one beside my name, but I'm guessing most on here would not consider buying a non-running car from me. TIA.
That is a good point. Car is located in Northwest Florida.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts