Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Can someone tell me the part number for the outer left taillight assembly for a 2015 V8 R-Line please (LED Version)??

It would appear that a trailer with an improperly placed table placed on another improperly placed table, accompanied by a "yep all's good to go" when moving said tables on a sloping site has the propensity to slide forward, slide off, and clip the left taillight on the way down just hard enough to smash the lens into approx 163 pieces :(

Oh, and mark the rear bar but hopefully that will polish out in the morning...it had BETTER bloody polish out grrrrrr.

So, now I need to find the part number, and find a new (or second hand) one.

I've found the USA version but unsure if they are the same.

Any help is greatly appreciated whilst I sit here upset and fuming all at the same time...

Oz

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
G'Day - thanks for the diagram and part number. That's the number I was able to source but every place I found it was from USA spec literature so unsure if it's a USA-only version of the part.

Can anyone confirm if there are multiple versions or if there is a different ROW part number?

Oz

· Registered
2012 180TDI
332 Posts
G'Day - thanks for the diagram and part number. That's the number I was able to source but every place I found it was from USA spec literature so unsure if it's a USA-only version of the part.

Can anyone confirm if there are multiple versions or if there is a different ROW part number?

Oz
Why not just call the dealer and ask? They will give you a part number if you don't want to go on etka and get it yourself.

· Registered
953 Posts
As SaVAGeSoot has shown the ROW part number is 7P6 945 207 or if you have the tinted ones then 7P6 945 207B.
The US version is 7P6 945 207A.

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was bolting out the door to go fix something onsite when I saw it and didn't properly read / understand the full context of the numbers. In my haste, I thought the numbers were for a range of parts, not versions of "the" part. In the absence of seeing any "ROW" notation, I figured I was looking at the USA part. Apologies on that one and thanks for the detail...

As to ringing the dealer, @Brendanm - it's Aussie day - and you're an Aussie :) No dealers available today buddy!

Just trying to get a head start on it so I can find one and order it ASAP.

Thanks to all, especially SaVAGeSoot for the chart.

Oz

· Registered
2012 180TDI
332 Posts
I was bolting out the door to go fix something onsite when I saw it and didn't properly read / understand the full context of the numbers. In my haste, I thought the numbers were for a range of parts, not versions of "the" part. In the absence of seeing any "ROW" notation, I figured I was looking at the USA part. Apologies on that one and thanks for the detail...

As to ringing the dealer, @Brendanm - it's Aussie day - and you're an Aussie :) No dealers available today buddy!

Just trying to get a head start on it so I can find one and order it ASAP.

Thanks to all, especially SaVAGeSoot for the chart.

Oz
I was expecting you to wait until tomorrow, as it's not like you can get one today anyway.

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah - after sweating my ass out all day in the sun, I busted it at 4pm the day before a public holiday while on a remote property with no phone access. It pissed me off and I wanted to know how much it's going to cost because the guy who loaded (and was supposed to be watching / holding) the tables said he'd speak to his boss about taking care of it - which I figured would evaporate if the price was too high.

I didn't get home till after 10 last night and after not finding any definitive answer on an ROW part number, I turned here cause this place is always a wealth of information.

Exhaustion mixed with pissed-offedness mixed with OCD made me do it :)

Oz

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...well...the universe WAS trying to tell me there was one available locally but I looked straight past it and only found it late night somewhere else diving through everywhere I could think of.

Rang the wrecker this morning and whaddayaknow, it's sitting on the shelf in front of him. He too said they'd missed noting it as the R-Line unit and the photo was on an angle where the light didn't catch the detail in the housing very will so it kinda looked like a non-led unit.

Got it at the right price and will be back to them for some trim parts for another vehicle so yeah, cost me a bit but not a lot and I'll get some other stuff I want later on.

Oz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts