Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually on a Phaeton 3.2 2006, but afaik its the same engine and this community is far more active given the Phaeton is discontinued. :(

I'm loosing a lot of coolant, I thought it was the thermostat housing (which I ordered), but after looking around with a torch and getting my hand back there (super tight!!) I now think they "y-piece" pipe has split that's connecting coolant hoses on both sides of the engine. Its right beside/behind the thermostat housing.. infact I think maybe one of the 3 houses it connects might actually go to the thermostat housing. What is the part number?

I just cannot see it here, but people have mentioned the Y pipe breaks in the old threads:

I truely hope its DIY'able, given the values of the Phaeton (I bought this just to clean up, was in state) its not financially viable to do the mechanic drop engine repair thing Ive seen mentioned for VR6 Phaeton/Touareg coolant repairs!

thanks!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Hi there !
Are you able to pinpoint it on the diagram?
Did you compare with the pics I have in the combi valve replacement thread?
The y piece I gave you is going to the coolant expansion tank on the passeger side of a LHD touareg 3.2. The the coolant system is probably wired a bit differently on the Phaeton 3.2 since the engine is mounted different from the Touareg but the components are almost the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found what looks to be it here, bundled with the hose (didnt order this as postage to NZ would be $$ and also its even older as a used part than my broken part!):
Which is part #32 in the diagram, complete hose section is 3D0 122 073 AE
Does that look the same?

Yes I compared the photos, they all look broadly similar but your photos are too close to the items to really orientate and relate to the Phaeton in-situ.
Is the engine really mounted different on Phaeton vs Touareg? It looks the same from Googling engine bay photos..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts