Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
I have just bought a 05 plate touareg 2.5tdi auto and the front and rear parking sensors don't work?
there are no indication lights or audible warning sounds coming on, just nothing

ive never had one before so don't know where to start

any ideas?
thanks

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Welcome (I see this is you first post)!

That is a hard problem to diagnose without you having done any other investigation. Find someone (or a friendly mechanic) with VCDS and you'll need to do a scan on it.

If you can't do that, do the easy things first. Check wiring. Check fuses. Check your battery voltage (running and engine off).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right oh,
I already have vag-com as I use to have a Passat will have to dig it out of storage and see what it comes up with then,
checked the only fuse I could find that was related (number 2 drivers side dash panel) but this was ok
with no lights or sound my initial thought would be a control module or relay do you know where these would be located?
thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried it but there's no option for Touareg under auto scan so did the obd11 part scanned park assist and it says no response from controller

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There other vw listed but didn't check so I've orderd dealer level vag com now so see what happens when it turns up

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What does the parking button on the dash do?
When I press mine nothing happens, what should happen
Thanks

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
The button on the dash should turn the sensors on and off. Useful when you're at a drive through or 4 wheeling. Otherwise they'll scream at you, thinking you're about to run over an ATM or the poor high school kid at the drive up window.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All sorted now, got a new parking switch but still no good so got another parking control module and walla it all lights up and buzzes like it should

1 - 11 of 11 Posts