Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After visiting a high pressure car wash I found that one rear sensor had been forced back behind the fender and the rear display showed both left and right alarms on my 2004 V8 Touareg.
My service man repositioned the sensor and now neither the front or rear sensor displays now work. He says he doesn't have the diagnostic SW for the electronic circuits
My local VW centre wants $150 just to use their diagnostic tool then they warn me any correction work will be extra.
Any suggestions on what alternatives do I have.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Find another VW enthusiast in your neck of the woods and buy them a coffee or lunch in exchange for a "free scan".
Lots of us VW owners usually drop the coin on the VCDS tool as it quickly pays for itself if you own a VW for any number of years and it allows you to troubleshoot\diagnose\modify various things without visiting the dealer.

Without being able to perform your own diagnostics, you're blind and just randomly throwing parts at your vehicle, or you're trusting your dealer to have your best interest in mind.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for this sensible advice. I WILL get one for myself. Could you please itemise all the VCDS HW AND SW components I should buy for my Touareg. My family members also own a Golf and a Passat, would I need additional SW diagnostics for these?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Check out the RossTech website for current offerings. I believe the newer hardware is limited to a number of VINs depending on version... I have a much earlier model (circa 2010 or so) which didn't have this limitation. I'd suggest searching classifieds for an older unit if the VIN limit would be a factor for your needs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts