Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, first post.

Bought a 2004 V10 and could not be happier. Amazing vehicle.

I would like to convert my auxiliary heater into a parking heater. Living in the Canadian Rockies, this is a must have.
I have read through the vast number of threads and am still a little confused. I have the same heater as "R50V10" and "willyz", see attached.
Not sure if they have had success.
Has anyone had success either with the overhead timer or remote with this heater?

Many thanks to those who have spent many hours sharing information.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
You are in luck as the 2004 came with the euro version of the control module built into the Webasto unit. Your attachment, however, shows the 2006 control module which does not support Parkheizung. Your scan will show 7L6 819.
Theoretically at least all you need to do is install the T90 or T91. DicknNancy had trouble getting the fob to work but the overhead timer works great. Perhaps Nancy will chime in although the 18?-pg thread over in our DIY section is a must read.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks lgibson.

That is where I am confused. My heater is Part#: 7L6 815 071 B, not a 7L6 819(euro version?).

Is this an early 2004 model or perhaps was my heater replaced at some point in time.

Yes, I have read the DIY section. From what I have seen, there has been success with a 2006 with changing the board to a 7L6 819. Also success with the 2004 with the same "819" board.

Can I keep the same board and at minimum get the timer to work?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
No you can't.
Somewhere along the line the PO must have replaced the Webasto in North America where VW will not sell the 819 electronics. Both V10 and I got ours from European friends. And when the German dealer wanted my VIN (NA) we refused to give it. Crazy thing is the PN on the Webasto unit will be the same, NA or ROW. But the circuit board will be different and VW does not sell the board separately. Webasto, an American company(?), will not supply it either.
Repeat; the 815 control module does not support Parkheizung, not from a fob, not from the console timer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.