Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The earlier mentioned Panamericana2006 project finished with success!

Until now the world record of travelling down the Panamericana was 15 days and 14 hours. The driver team reached their final destination 2 hours and 35 minutes earlier and that with a distance of 1000 km more.

Daily reports and photos of this exciting 15 days are available on the project page: http://www.panamericana2006.com.

Many thanks to all those who helped to bring the Panamericana2006 to this success.

All the best

Jürgen Malieske
Teamleader Coordination Team
of the International University of Applied Sciences Bad Honnef · Bonn

·
Registered
124 Posts
juergenmalieske said:

The earlier mentioned Panamericana2006 project finished with success!

Until now the world record of travelling down the Panamericana was 15 days and 14 hours. The driver team reached their final destination 2 hours and 35 minutes earlier and that with a distance of 1000 km more.

Daily reports and photos of this exciting 15 days are available on the project page: http://www.panamericana2006.com.

Many thanks to all those who helped to bring the Panamericana2006 to this success.

All the best

Jürgen Malieske
Teamleader Coordination Team
of the International University of Applied Sciences Bad Honnef · Bonn
Considering we did 1,200 extra KM's, did several media stops along the way, did it on Renewable fuels AND all three cars made it, it was Quite the Acomplishment, and I doubt anyone will be taking it away from us any time soon :)

Eric

·
Registered
124 Posts
I know folks wanted to know about the tires and some pics

Sorry these have been so late in comming. Just too much to go through and everything stacked up for a month while I was gone :)

Here are a few pics of the tires and some choice pics of the trip :) More to follow.

I put in the big one because more than one person asked about the 19" borbet's and the Goodyear Runflats for size and model number. This is as good as I was able to find.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread:

You guys are one of the reasons that we have a Touareg in our driveway today.
I saw your vehicles come through Fairbanks, Alaska on the way up and back.
I shadowed you in my VehiCross for some time on the Steese and Elliot Highways. I didn't get a chance to wave though.
Glad to see that you all came through the Dalton Highway unscathed...

·
Registered
124 Posts
10 Years later

We'll, it's been 10 years since the successful completion of the Panamericana2006 rallye.

We set the record, but found out afterwards that Guinness refused to recognize any further timed records on public highways, so we get to claim the record, but it will never be published. That aside, we are returning to Alaska for our 10th anniversary. We'll be in Anchorage and Fairbanks. No Touaregs this time, but Denise and I will be running around in our friends Rialta. See ya there :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts