Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came back to my car this morning to find somebody had scraped my rear bumper pulling out of the space behind me. It's the painted part of the bumper (I don't have a camera, but the attached picture shows exactly where it is). There is no damage save a few paint scrapes.

I went to the dealer recommended body shop and they gave me a $570 estimate to remove the bumper cover, sand, prime, paint, and clearcoat the whole thing.

Ouch.

So I figured replacing the bumper cover would be cheaper but they all come unpainted so it's even more expensive because they do all of the same work but I pay for a new bumper cover.

So I'm thinking, does anybody have a REFLEX SILVER rear bumper cover or know where to get one? I figure that some folks may have removed theirs to swap with a styling kit...?

Attachments

· Registered
866 Posts
If you really want to replace the bumper cover with a new painted one, contact joe at AtlastImports. He had told me he could get me a new front bumper cover already painted. I haven't gone for this yet, and don't know how the cost works out, but he's pretty good at getting back to you with info.

· Premium Member
4,837 Posts
4x4s said:
If you really want to replace the bumper cover with a new painted one, contact joe at AtlastImports. He had told me he could get me a new front bumper cover already painted. I haven't gone for this yet, and don't know how the cost works out, but he's pretty good at getting back to you with info.
I assume he works a deal with a local paint shop because these parts don't usually come painted, just primed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.