Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a couple of folks with the red, I like the contrast so i decided to go that route...it has grown on me!!!
After all the badge placement options I just ended with the 'TDI' to distinguish itself from the gassers and still maintain simplicity....:twisted:

~took about 3hrs in my garage (2 wheels at a time)
~purchased the Brembo stickers off eBay.
~Sprayed right on (didn't remove calipers/pads/rotors) Dupli Color high performance caliper paint w/ ceramic, 2 coats

·
Registered
445 Posts
I like the look! The only thing that Im not feeling are the bully guards..they have too wide of lines for the vehicle...;)

·
Banned
7,167 Posts
I'll be very honest(as I always am of course;)) . Black Touaregs are the only ones that I feel can get away with things such as red painted calipers, and look damned good! Ditto for black ones with even chrome mirror caps on 8-[!!

I can't say the same for a Touareg like my offroad grey. No I'm not talking about the chrome mirror caps, but painted red calipers on my off road grey Egg would look absolutely terrible! puke

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'll be very honest(as I always am of course;)) . Black Touaregs are the only ones that I feel can get away with things such as red painted calipers, and look damned good! Ditto for black ones with even chrome mirror caps on 8-[!!

I can't say the same for a Touareg like my offroad grey. No I'm not talking about the chrome mirror caps, but painted red calipers on my off road grey Egg would look absolutely terrible! puke
im thinking of getting mine painted to silver + BREMBO stickers

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you could paint them black -that would probably work on any vehicle. i had them that way, but didn't like it because of the black wheels...

silver will look great too -post pictures once thats completed!

·
Registered
445 Posts

Im gonna eventually spray mine body color with black Brembo stickers....so there....:twisted:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i took everything off this time, i had a little overspray when i did the red/yellow reflectors even though i taped them...
plus it will dry evenly on a flat surface and no drips

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
How's the durability of the paint in your opinion. I've seriously considered painting mine but have always worried that after a NE winter the stuff would look like ass. I'd love to show off the hardware with some color and I've already got the Brembo stickers. Might as well go red too since the stickers are white. Just thought I'd ask for your opinion.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the black/red caliper paint has held up very nicely -just prep the surface well!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts