Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2012 TDI has a spot on the center of the hood where the paint is flaking off. It started small but has grown to a circle a few inches in diameter. I noticed it about a year ago. It might have been a small spot I didn't notice before that.

Anybody have similiar issues? Any tips or tricks to stop it from getting worse outside of a new paint job?

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
1,960 Posts
No problem like that on my '11. It's not a TDi but I don't think that matters.
Was the hood ever repainted previously that you know of?

Reactions: Mike in Anchorage

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have that same problem in the center of the hood and on the roof just above the windscreen the where the paint is flaking off.
It is the clear coat that is lifting.
Paint colour is Shadow Blue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It wasn't repainted as far as I know but I bout it in 19. I also have the blue color. I searched some more threads for clear coat issues and found other members with the similiar issues. It sounds like there isn't much one can do at this point. I don't see a new paint job happening anytime soon for me.

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
1,960 Posts
It wasn't repainted as far as I know but I bout it in 19. I also have the blue color. I searched some more threads for clear coat issues and found other members with the similiar issues. It sounds like there isn't much one can do at this point. I don't see a new paint job happening anytime soon for me.
Why not have just the hood repainted?

Reactions: Mike in Anchorage

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Are you the original owner? I have a 2011 and has a 12 year rust warranty. I know that VW has reduced that warranty but not sure how much or from what year!
If it is covered… then great! I had 4 doors and trunk (boot) lid replaced and painted, all covered under warranty and at no cost to me.. it was small areas that rust by the door handles , but they replaced the whole skin!
I think the panels are galvanized then painted. Any chips that go through to the base will start to increase in size if not covered back up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts